23

"What's wrong? You have been staring outside". Jae-Hee asks sooji who is sitting on the window seat.

"Nothing.. I was wondering if I did something wrong", she replies almost speaking to herself.

"What do you mean?", He asks not sure if he heard her right.

"Never mind, it's nothing ...did you talk to your parents? when are they coming?", She asks facing him. She sees him making coffee at the counter.

"They are a bit busy but don't worry they will be here soon", he replies opening a jar of white powder, sugar she supposes.

"I can't ask my friends to be here for long, I mean they have a life and work", she says.

He stops what he was doing and rests his hands on the counter. He looks at her and replies.

"I know, it's just because of an important shareholders meating otherwise they wouldn't be late at their sons engagement. I know how important your friends are to you and I know you want them to be with you on the engagement ceremony, I'll contact them again"

She opens her mouth to say something else but closes it and sighs looking outside the window once again.

"Are you still mad at me?", Jae-Hee asks worried

She moves her head in a no.

"You should be, I understand but trust me after we are done with the formalities it will only be us and eveything will be fine. I promise", Jae-Hee tells her.

She keeps looking outside but then sighs and turns to him.

"I know...but somehow I feel uneasy about it", she says almost forcing herself to find words.

"What do you mean?", He asks concerned.

"I mean... should I be doing all this?"

He moves from the counter to where she was sitting. He bends down on his knees to sit at her level.

"You know that I love you, right?", he asks.

She looks at him in the eyes.

"I'll never make you regret this" he says holding her hand.

"I know that your mom is the reason for you to do all this but I promise you that I'll make you happy", he continues then places a kiss on her forehead before standing up again.

She smiles.

"Want me to get you some coffee?", He asks.

"Sure", she says shrugging off her thoughts.