21

"So... you design, right? Shihyun draws....you guys are a match. I wonder how could you put up with him for all these years...you are quiet something", Soo-Ji says with a smile.

"I didn't", Tae-hee replies

"hmm?", Sooji looks at her not getting what that meant.

"Umm...Actually we were not in contact while he went to study, we got back together recently and were on a trip when he got See-Joo's call saying to meet up with you guys"

"I'm sorry I didn't know that. I shouldn't have asked See-Joo"

"No, don't be ...he was so happy to meet you guys again. I also felt that it was only right if he got back together with his friends", she looks at Soo-Ji with a reassuring smile.

"Also this place is better, no people to disturb us here". She laughs

"Thankyou for saying that"

They both keep looking into the night together. After a while Tae-hee speaks breaking the silence.

"How did you meet Jae-Hee?"

Soo-Ji looks at her smiling

"We were in college together and our families are acquinted. We kept meeting at a few family occasions and somehow ended up here"

Soo-Ji nods smiling.

"That makes me remember what about your mom, when is she coming?"

"She is not"

"You mean she is gonna miss her daughter's engagement ceremony?"

Soo-Ji smiles bitterly looking away.

"She wouldn't....if she had a choice"

"What do you mean?", Tae-hee asks worried

Sooji turns to face her.

"Tae-hee, she... She is gone... forever..."

Tae Hee couldn't believe it. Soo-Ji's mom was dead. She could she sadness in her eyes, her lips still curved in a smile to hide her emotions.

"I... I'm sorry. I... I didn't know that"

"It's okay but please don't tell Shihyun or See-Jo".

Tae-hee looks at her confused.

"I.. I wanted them to be with me on my engagement ceremony", she sighs and smiles looking at the water.

" I didn't want to be alone on such an important day in my life".

Tae-hee thought about it, Soo-Ji was now all alone now that her mother had passed away. So she wanted them to be with her.

She felt sorry for her. She could see tears in her eyes. She holds her hand squeezing it softly.

'But now I feel likeI shouldn't have done that ... I was being selfish'
Soo-Ji thinks.