Zane

Zane Pov

"You clearly don't need my help," I say. "So I don't need to be here."

I leave and the room and let the door close, "What's wrong with him? Stupid zombie lover," I hear Novah say.

I silently curse, I didn't realise she hated zombies. I wouldn't have said anything. I walk away then leave school on my way to the gym. I'm a VIP there so I have a private session with a boxing bag for company. I put the hand wraps on and start the workout. I thought she'd be open to the idea. I've memorised every one of her songs. They're all about freedom of oppression and people's rights. I put on my headphones and play one of Novah's songs; to say I'm a fan of hers would be an understatement. I barely stay composed everyday knowing she's in my class and then I ended up being partnered with her.

Her upbeat acapella songs were soothing to the chaos of my mind, being able to be a drummer for her was a dream come true. Quickly turned nightmare.

She hates me.

It's weird, her song sounded amazing, I already have the lyrics stuck in my head. I'm trying to drown out the sound of her voice with her voice. 'We're the mice to their cats, they're the snakes to our rats', the words overwhelm me and I put too much strength into my punch. The bag goes flying and crashes into th wall.

The door opens, "Ugh, not again Zane," says the newcomer.
"It's not my fault they aren't made for our strength, Ralph," I retort to one of my oldest friends.
"Then use that brain of yours and make them stronger," he retorts. "A four lifetimes of consuming brains shouldn't go to waste like this."