𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜 - 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝚃𝚆𝙾

𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

"Why are we even hosting this ball?" Freya Mikaelson asked as she watched the compelled workers decorating the compound. 

"This event is for charity." Elijah said. "We must show our support."

"Feels like we host one of these every week." Freya said sarcastically, making Elijah roll his eyes with a small smile. "Anyways, are you bringing a date?"

"You know I don't date anymore after....you know." Elijah said. 

"Elijah, it's been seventeen years since Hayley passed. You need to move on. I know I never met her but I'm sure she would want that." Freya said, making Elijah look down. Seventeen years ago, Klaus and Hayley Marshall had a baby together. Elijah and Hayley had fallen in love but when she gave birth, she was killed. Elijah was heartbroken. He had opened up his heart to someone and in the end, he had just gotten hurt. He should have expected it. Now, seventeen years later, his heart was still closed off and he intended on keeping it that way. 

"Where's your date?" Elijah asked, attempting to take the attention off him.

"I don't have one and neither does Rebekah. You know what Klaus is like. He just scares them all off." Freya said before the pair heard a scoff. They turned around and saw Klaus approaching with his wife, Caroline.

"That's because no-one will ever be good enough for you or Rebekah." Klaus said, making Caroline roll her eyes. Klaus and Caroline had a roller-coaster of a relationship. At first, Caroline hated Klaus but Klaus always had feelings for her. After leaving Mystic Falls and moving to New Orleans, Klaus felt an emptiness in his heart. He attempted to fill it by getting to know another woman, Camille. That, however, didn't last long. Fifteen years later, Caroline went to New Orleans where she met with Klaus and saved his life by convincing him not to sacrifice himself for his daughter, Hope, who was in danger of getting hurt by an old witch spirit called The Hollow. Since then, the two could no longer deny their feelings and gave in to one another.

"I'm going to be single forever." Freya said. 

"I hear you." Rebekah said as she approached. 

"And me." Hope said, walking with Rebekah.

"Looks like you've got some serious explaining to do." Caroline smirked as everyone looked at Klaus.

"Why is everyone standing here? We have a ball to get ready for." Klaus said, trying to change the subject. 

"Why are Sage and I doing all the work?" Finn asked, making all the family members look at him and his wife. 

"Because you are the oldest member of our family, therefore, you have all the responsibility." Rebekah said.

"I'm sure I see a few grey hairs." Kol said as he walked inside with his girlfriend, Davina. 

"Shut up, Kol." Finn said as he rolled his eyes, making Sage laugh. 

"What's going on?" Kol asked everyone.

"Interrogating Niklaus on why he won't let any of the girls have dates." Elijah said, making Klaus sigh dramatically.

"If you excuse me, I'm sure Caroline is in need of my immediate and intimate attention." Klaus said, walking backwards whilst holding Caroline's hand.

"No, I don-" Caroline laughed before Klaus interrupted her.

"What's that? You want to make out? Let's go." Klaus said.

"Klaus!" Caroline said, slapping his arm before he quickly pulled her away. 

"We're going to be lonely and single forever." Freya said.

"Don't tell Dad but I'm bringing a date." Hope said.

"No way! Who?" Kol asked.

"Landon from school." Hope said.

"The phoenix?" Sage asked.

"Yep. Thankfully, if Dad does murder him, he'll resurrect." Hope chuckled, making the rest of the family laugh. 

"Maybe we should go off and find a couple phoenixes ourselves." Rebekah said to Freya.

"I'd still be careful if I were you." Davina said. She looked at Kol who was watching Elijah intently, a small frown on his face. Elijah looked upset and Kol didn't like that. Even if they weren't the closest of brothers like Elijah was with Klaus, he was still his older brother and he didn't like seeing him hurting, especially when he stopped at nothing to protect the family.

"Elijah, maybe you could bring a date?" Kol suggested.

"No, that's quite alright. I'm sure the evening will be over fast enough. I won't even have time for a date what with having to monitor every Mikaelson to ensure they are on their best behaviour." Elijah said.

"We're not children, Elijah. That should be my job. I am the oldest." Finn said.

"And yet, you throw a tantrum when you spill your juice box on you." Sage said.

"You still drink from a bloody juice box?" Rebekah laughed.

"It's not actually juice inside. It's blood." Finn said with a flushed face. 

"Uncle Elijah." Hope said. "I have a feeling you'll be happy soon."

"I am happy." Elijah said.

"With a family of your own." Hope said. "I'm sure Mom would want that for you."

"I don't even know what I want." Elijah sighed.

𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚄𝙴𝙳...