CHAPTER 8: Deal

Nelson's POV:

I almost had a heart attack seeing Ella (almost) lifting that cloth off that painting.

The hell would have break loose if she saw those paintings.

I sighed deeply thinking about it.

Stop thinking about her.

I was at Matt's penthouse, we were having dinner together... actually he was still making the dinner while I was sitting on the dining table scrolling through Instagram.

I was quickly scrolling through all the posts that were uninteresting, wondering why do I even follow these people.

As I scrolled past one post, my curiosity made me scroll back up.

It was Ella's picture, with Asher. My jaw involuntarily clenched. She was kissing him on his cheeks with just a heart in the caption.

"Cute picture", Matt commented, peeking over my shoulder and I glared at him.

Ignoring my glare, he set the pot of lasagna on the table along with plates and cutlery.

My eyes were still fixed upon that picture, I couldn't remove my eyes from it.

"Come on, don't be that jealous", Matt's words made me tear my gaze from the picture.

"I am not jealous!", I snapped.

"Then why are you staring at it angrily?", he said taking a seat opposite me.

"I just...I am...Aargh! I am not...angry...I just...", I wasn't able to form a single sentence to defend myself.

He smirked cutting out a large piece of the lasagna.

"I know you are jealous", he said.

"I am not!"

"Why don't you just accept that you--"

"I dare you to finish that sentence", I threatened.

He made a weird face and rolled his eyes, passing the pot of lasagna to me.
I took out a generous piece of it( it's my cheat day).

"When was the last time you slept with someone?", he asked chewing on his food.

"Why?"

"Come on, tell me."

"You know the answer already", I gritted my teeth. I know what he is trying to prove.

"Hmm...eleven years back, right? And that's the only time you ever slept with anyone. I wonder how you kept yourself in so much control."

"Gentlemen don't go about having one night stands", I defended myself.

"So what happened to the gentleman when you lost your virginity?"

"Uncle taught me that lesson after that", I lied.

"Hmm...I thought you said that it was the first thing he taught you when you started practicing..."

I glared at him.

"You never slept with anyone again because you suddenly realised that you need to be a gentleman or...was it because of a certain, small, a very small incident?", He questioned.

I had enough. We had this argument before and I am not having it again.

I stood up immediately making the chair fall back on the floor and turned around saying, "Enjoy your dinner...alone."

I was walking towards the elevator when he ran after me and grabbing my shoulders turned me around.

"I was just kidding, bro...why do you have to get so serious?"