Aftermath

*heart beat*
*heavy breathing*
*rustling of metal*
"May?"
*hear beat*
*heavy breathing*
"May!?"
*heart beat*
*rustling of metal*

My hand was no longer connected to May's.

She was no where to be found.

I look up trying to figure out where we are, and the sun blinds me.

"May!? damn it, where are you?"

I continue to move through the plane scraps.

To me it didn't even matter that I survived, I just wanted to find May.

I didn't WANT to, I NEED to.

I heard a few coughs from around me, but my mind was so fuzzy I didn't think of anyone else.

Seconds, minutes, hours passed. There was no sign of May.

"NO, no, no, NO!" I start throwing metal everywhere.

"DAMN IT. AHHHGGG!" I'm thrashing around throwing pieces everywhere, hoping i will uncover her.

A delicate hand is placed on my shoulder.

I jerk around in excitement. It's only Madison.

"oh." I manage to let out.

She doesn't even make a smart remark like "wow, we just survived a plane crash and all I get it an, oh". she simply motions me to follow her.

I do.

I continue to follow her until she bends down in a certain spot, looking down.

"What?"

She looks up at me, then back down.

I make my way behind her and look where she is.

My hands begin to move faster than any person or animal in the world.

"It's her! It's her!'" I shout, "you found her."

Her body is uncovered, and she lays there.

"May, sweetie, it's me, keegan."

She doesn't move, so I lightly shake her shoulder.

Still no moment, so I shake it a little harder.

Then harder and harder until I'm shaking her full force and she isn't budging.

"She's dead!" I yell as tears stream down my face. "No, there's no way."

Madison pushes me out of the way and goes to May.

"Stop! Don't hurt her!"

"Good gracious, keegan, I'm checking her pulse ."

"There's a pulse. Very little, but here."

"Well damn it, we've gotta give her CPR!" I begin to lose my mind

"Keegan, keegan, Hun. Calm down" Madison soothes.

"Help her. Please. Help her." I say as my voice goes faint.

BLACK OUT

FLASHBACK
May sits next to me on the couch. We are watching her favorite movie. White chicks.

I love how much it makes her laugh. Sometimes she even laughs so hard she cries, and then snorts.

At some parts though she has to squint to see the TV and it is absolutely adorable.

She leans over and lays her head on my shoulder. Nothing could be this perfect.

Until my phone decides to vibrate.

Being the amazing girlfriend May is, she doesn't look. But then it starts vibrating a lot.

"Honey, I think someone is calling you." I say

"Mmm, Nope, someone is calling YOU."

"Oh. Okay. Can you answer it?"

"Hello? Wait who? Um this is his girlfriend. What? No no honey. I'm the girlfriend here." May looks over at me with a confused look. I look confused too because I have no idea what's going on.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to let you go. Maybe you can call your "boyfriend" back later." She hangs up.

"Who the hell is Caroline?" She asks not amused.

"She-" I begin to say

"Look Keegan. I give you so much space, and I don't care if you have friends that are girls. But it hurts when you date someone else."

"I'm not though! I don't know who the hell Caroline is- ohhhhhh. Oh my gosh. She's in my English class! Oh god. She flirts with me 24-7 and trust me I do nothing back."

"Then why did she call you asking 'when is she leaving sweety? I'm waiting.' Seriously?" She says in a mimicking tone.

"May please, let me explain."

"You wouldn't need to explain if there was nothing going on. I'm leaving."

"No, may! Wait. Please let me talk"

She walks out of my door, slamming it behind her. Then she walks back in.

"Oh and, I'm gone now so you can go be with Caroline." She slams the door once more.

FLASHBACK ENDS

I wake up yelling. "May no! It's not Caroline! I love you!"

I look up and Madison is standing over me. "The hell?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Is she up yet?"

"No."

"Well this day couldn't get worse." I say kicking the sand.

"Actually. We are the only survivors. Me, you, May, and Chamberlin."