"Adrenaline"

Chpt. 13

(Dream's Perspective)

I kick up the sand behind me running across the stretch of sand, followed by Sap, Alex and Abby racing beside me. George and Tegan had fallen quite behind, taking their time and walking at a much slower pace. I let the excitement fill me as we jump around letting adrenaline control our every move. Even though Tommy and Wilbur would normally be with us, I was happy as ever with these people. Firepit of

The memories of summer nights the eight of us would spend come flooding back as we yell incoherent noises to the sky. We make our way down the beach to a fire pit that had been lit up by a group of people,

"Hey! Look who it is!" A familiar voice calls out, Schlatt. We didn't know each other super well, but I knew he was pretty good friends with Tommy and Wilbur. We had talked a couple of times, due to being in the online community together.

I walk up as we go around, exchanging friendly hugs with the rest of the group. The faces not as familiar but still recognizable; Ted, Charlie, Erik and a few more unfamiliar people.

As we grab our spots on some big logs that had been dragged into a circle. The loud conversation and laughter fill the air. Slowly but sure Tegan and George finally make their way up to the group, much slower than the rest. Sap quickly introduces everyone to the slow-pokes. They were much more hesitant to join the conversation.

After around 5 minutes, it seemed as though we had been there for an hour. The orange flames slowly becoming the only thing lighting up the beach. The group had brought a cooler full of some dinks, Sap and I each grabbing one fairly quickly. George slowly sipping away at the aluminum can.

Someone had turned on some music as it was blasting from a speaker set down on a stray cinder block. The loud chatter filling the air, everyone going between conversations. Alex and was fairly loud, but also seemed pretty quiet, being one of the youngest there. George staying in a conversation with at least one person he knew.

The conversations started to die down the music slowly taking over. I was flailing my arms in an attempt to dance, sap joined me and I noticed that Charlie and Ted had too. The feeling of summer had finally settled in the air, the freedom on the warm, endless days, consuming me.

Once we all had settled, a good amount of the energy had drastically dropped. everyone joining one - coherent- conversation. One of the people, who I had gotten to know as minx, suggesting that we play something. Suggestions such as two truths and a lie, never have I ever, truth or dare and spin the bottle, we're tossed around. The group had widdled it down to Truth or Dare and spin the bottle, the two options I didn't want.

They looked around for a bit, looking for a surface and a bottle to play spin the bottle, thankfully not finding one. Unluckily, that means that we'd have to play truth or dare. A game I was not ready for, especially after what had happened the past weekend.

The other group went around a couple of times, daring each other, most of them easily accomplishable. Both Schlatt and Charlie ended up with soaked clothes from a dare to go in the water fully clothed. Sap and Alex had already gotten dares for each of them. but neither George nor I were interested in trying to get involved.

Sap quickly catches onto the fact that we're sitting idly on the log, offering that someone dares me. I keep up my energetic spirits, trying to cover up the impending fear I have that this game would end up the same way it did last time.

Ideas are exchanged amongst them, me complaining at most of them before the dreaded one came up;

"Ooh, ooh!! I know," Sap's energy-intoxicated voice raising above the group, "KISS GEORGE!!" George's tired head quickly flips to The group, cheeks red and eyes wide.