"OJ"

(George's perspective)

The dim car light lights up as I open the door, I get out and try to lightly slam the door behind me, in hopes of waking up Clay.

He'd fallen asleep yet again, this time on the window of the car instead.

I hope he doesn't think what happened in the theater was weird.

He seemed a bit embarrassed when he woke up. As I said, I didn't mind. It was sorta nice anyway. You know, having someone fall asleep on you.

That always seemed to comfort me.

He jumped a bit at the sound of the door closing, waking him up. He was flustered for a second but then continued to follow suit and left the car.

Nick pressed a button on the keys, locking the car doors with a beep and a flash of red light that lit up the dark driveway. We made our way to the front door and waited as Nick turned the keys to open the door. Finally, he managed to open the door and we filed into the dark foyer.

There was something so peaceful about coming home to a dark house.

"Well it's getting pretty late, Abby you should probably head to bed" I was going to include Nick and Clay before I realized they had already headed up the stairs.

Of course, by being the contrarian she responded with "But why? It's not that late, I'm not a baby you know!"

"I'm not saying you're a baby," I say trying not to get mad, it was late and I was so tired. Why couldn't she just agree? "It's just late and there's no reason to stay up"

Abby reluctantly goes up to her bedroom.

It had been a while since I'd been home, between university and friends. I never got the time to come here during the school year.

I wandered around the living room a bit and reminisced on the times I would spend here with Sap and Abby. The times we would all get together, Our family, Clay's, Wilbur's, and Alex's.

God, I miss Quackity so much. The only way we ever communicated was over Snapchat and FaceTime, and even those became few and far between after a year at uni.

I slump down into the sofa. I look out the back window to the forest slightly illuminated by a pale blue light. There were so many memories that I missed.

Childhood goes by so fast.

I just wish I took it slower. It all passed me. I took everything so fast and just skipped from one thing to the next. Never taking time to slow down. But here I am, for the first time, letting myself slow down.

I sit there for a while, just looking out of the glass panes covering the far two story wall of the room. I dose off for a bit letting the peaceful silence take me into a short slumber.

I woke up with a rumble in my stomach and proceed to check the time. I wasn't sure as the trees outside the window were still only light by the moon.

"1:51" I say, whispering to myself, breaking the silence that hung the room in a trance. I throw my head back and stare at the feeling before rocking back and pulling myself up.

I walk through the moonlight doorway to the white marble island. There was a plate of cookies on the counter.

I take a mental note to thank Abby before grabbing two, putting one on my plate, the other in my mouth. I pull open the fridge, the intense white light taking me by surprise, nearly blinding me. I take a step back and rub my watering eyes. I hesitantly open my eyes and squint and the fridge, trying to make out the shapes to the best of my abilities.