Chapter 7

A/N : I'm so sorry for the slow update as test are coming soon >_< and I'm lack of ideas Orz But I wouldn't give up this story as it finally reached 1K so don't worry abt it XD

"Nee, Ayato." I asked the purple haired teenager who is sitting on the couch beside me.

Ayato had a day off today which is quite rare. I asked him why but he doesn't tell me the real reason.

"What?" He said with his eyes closed

"Let's go out somewhere. I'm bored." I requested

"No." He said, still closing his eyes

"Fine. I'll go myself then." I said before I stood up and walked toward the door.

When I was about to open the door, Ayato came behind me and wear his boots.

"I'm coming with you." He said before opening the door.

I wore my shoes and stepped out from the house. I locked the door and kept the keys with me.

We walked out from the Aogiri building and waited at the bus stop.

"So, where are we going?" He asked with his hands in pocket.

"Library!" I said excitedly.

He stared at me for awhile and sighed in defeat.

TIME SKIP

We arrived at the library and I started searching the books I love to read

I picked a few books and setting them down on the table. I sat down and start reading them.

At the same time, Ayato picked some books too. I'm surprised that he actually picked some literature books. I shrugged it off and continue reading my books.

I'll shift my gaze to Ayato after a few minutes reading my book to make sure he is not bored.

After a few hours of reading, I decided to stop and take a break. I looked at the clock and it's already 1 p.m.

"Nee, Ayato." I called out

"Hm?" He asked, eyes stayed still on the book.

"Let's go home. It's late."

"Okay."

I stood up and put back the books on the shelves. I decided to borrow a book from the library as I want to continue it at home.

I walked to the counter and handed the book to the librarian. Surprisingly, Ayato handed a book to the librarian too.

I stared at him in misbelief and patted his shoulder. He looked at me with his usual irritated face

"You're...borrowing a book?" I asked

"Yeah..." He said with his hand covered his mouth

"Okay..."

I took the books and walked out from the library. We took the bus and went back to Aogiri.

(A few days later)

"Ayato?" I called as I couldn't find him in the entire Aogiri building.

"(Y/N)-chan~" A voice chirped from behind

I turn around to find Eto sitting on the chair, swinging her legs.

"You're looking for Ayato~?" She asked with her usual cheerful tone

"Uhmm...yeah. Did you happen to see him anywhere?"

"Hmm~I just saw him walking around just now~He seems frustrated too~"

Eh...?

"Do you know where did he go?" I asked

"He went to the rooftop~" She said

"Okay. Thanks!" I said before I ran to the stairs that leads to the rooftop.

As I went to the rooftop, I looked around to find Ayato sitting on the edge with his hand scratching the back of his head.

Just as Eto said, he looked frustrated.

"Ayato?"

He shift gaze to me with pure shock. He quickly stood up and hide something at his back.

"W-What are you doing here, idiot!?" He shouted with blushes all over his face

"I'm looking for you. Nee, what are you hiding?"

"N-nothing!" He quickly backed away

"What's that? Show me!" I shouted as I chased him around the rooftop

I finally caught him as I hugged him tightly. He tried yanked me away but I managed to held him with me.

"Oi, get away from me!" He shouted

"N-no!"

"Stop." He finally calmed down and held the thing in front of me

It's the book he borrowed that day.

"Ayato...Why are you hiding that book?"

He quickly covered his face with the back of his hand and turn around.

"Eto-san said you're frustrated. What happened?"

He sat down and handed me the book. I sat down beside him and took the book from him.

The book was scribbled as some words were underlined. I stared at Ayato for a moment as I'm confused by this.

As he saw my confused expression, he quickly grabbed the book away from me.

"I-I can't understand those lines..." He mumbled as the blushes on his face darken

"Oh..." I giggled at his adorable expressions

"I can teach you if you want." I said with a warm smile.

He glared at me for a moment but eventually gave up and pass me the book.

I took the book from him and started reading the words in my mind. I pointed on the underlined sentences and read out loud.

I told him the meanings and taught him the pronunciation of the words.

It's my first time seeing Ayato learning sonething with a serious expressions. I smiled and continued our 'lessons'

Finally, we have come to the last page.

"My body is a dead language and you pronounce each word perfectly"
(by Sierra DeMulder)

"What is it about?" He asked with a confused look

"It's about an unrequited love." I replied.

"Unreq-- what?" He said as he raised his right eyebrow

"It's means you're desperately in love with someone." I closed the book and looked at the stars above.

"Even though you know those feelings will never reach them." I said in a slightly sad tone.

I realized how the poem suits my situation right now.

Ayato is a ghoul and I'm just a human. I'm only his toy and slave.

To be exact, I'm just someone that he could kill or dump me anytime he want.

I hung me head down as my eyes became teary. I tried not to cry but tears started pouring from my eyes.

Suddenly, I felt Ayato's arms were around my waist and his chin rested on my shoulder.

"Don't worry. You're not." He said before he turned me around to face him.

He placed a warm yet firm kiss on my lips and gave me a hug. Then, he whispered something that made me feel safe and secured.

"I love you."

CHAPTER 7 END