Chapter 15

The sound of the auto door opening caused her to look up, greeting the new customer.

She instinctively bowed her head a little toward the customer before going back to arrange the items on the shelves.

"Can I get this? Please~~" a sweet delicate voice echoed through the stores. A mob of brown hair swirl around the snacks aisle.

"Alright. Just this one." a deep but gentle voice answered to her request. Somehow, this voice sounds familiar to Y/N.

"Hooray~~"

A fit of giggles and jumpy foot steps can be heard, approaching to the back of Y/N

As the couple turn around the corner, Y/N stood up to walk back to the cashier, only to be met by the blue eyes that she once fell in love with.

"..."

"Hi..."

Ayato tried to break the awkward silence, but noticed that Y/N is staring at Hinami holding onto his arms.

"Hello.."

At last, she greet back with a hint of annoyance. She noticed how wrong does it sounds so she quickly shake off those emotions and forced out a smile.

"You guys are friends..?"

Hinami chirped, taking note of the situation and tried to help Ayato to ease the tension between them as well.

"Yeah...sort of"

Y/N answered while walking into the cashier, picking up the items they put on the counter.

"My name is Hinami. Nice to meet you." Y/N can't helped but noticed how her cheerful voice along with her charming smile can mellow out everyone's heart, including herself.

"Hi, its Y/N. Nice to meet you too." She greeted back with a slight smile, trying to ignored the blue haired ghoul beside her.

As she begin scanning the items, the two who stand across her are immersed in their own conversation. She noticed the glances from Ayato but still decide to ignore it for now.

Hinami's voice almost faded out in his mind as he began to stare at Y/N, admiring her feature that he has been longed for. As she passed the plastic bag to him, their eyes met and began a staring contest for a minute.

Y/N cleared her throat to shake off the awkwardness, only to caused Ayato to jumped up in embarrassment and abruptly took out the money to paid for the items.

"Are you okay?" The brunette asked while swinging his left arm that she had been clinging onto. 

Y/N can't help but noticed that but remained silent and avert her attention to somewhere else. Anywhere from those two.

She tried to brush off the weird feelings, but every time she tried to do so, those feelings only come back to her stronger than before.

What is this

I don't like this

Why am I even upset from the first place?

"Yeah..." his voices almost cracked when he noticed how she start avoiding him now. For no reason, he felt the need to apologize.

Before he could open his mouth and say another word, Y/N quickly stood up and smiled toward them. She bowed a little and managed to muttered out "Thank you. Please come again."

Idiot, stop pretending.

Don't forced out a smile like that.

He looked at her one last time after walking out the auto door, watching her movement through the window, only to have his heart wrenched in pain and guilt.

She cried

He saw her trying to wipe off those tears from the corner of her eyes, quickly walked away from the counter and disappear from his line of sight.

.

.

.

As her shift ended, she changed back to her casual clothes and walked out from the back door. She took out her phone that reads 12.30 am, causing her to sighed after a long day at work.

The LED signboard around the streets shone in vibrant colors, causing her eyesight to be blurred for a seconds. Her sleepiness began to crawled into her conscious but she tried to fight it until she reached her home.

The flock of stairs to her apartment was the only way to get there. And just her luck, he emerged from the rooftop and landed on it, blocking her way.

"Yo." He greeted, as he stared into her beautiful F/C's eyes and walked down the stairs, closing in the distance between them.

"You know its not normal to jump down from the roof and greet others just like that, right?" She forced out a smile, trying to make a joke in this awkward situation.

"That has been the way I come and meet you ever since we dated..." Ayato almost choke on his words when he realized what he said, but he remained his gaze on her.

He wished for some kind of reaction from her. Any kind of reaction will do. As long as it prove to him that she still have him in her mind, anything will do.

He regretted it

The next word he heard from her killed him more than anything he can ever imagine.

.

.

.

"So you meet up with Hinami-chan like that too?"

CHAPTER 15 END