Chapter Five

Chapter 5

That's Bethany (Katelyn Tarver) on the side :) 

~✽~ 

"So Beth, why are you packing up these boxes?"

Putting the final item in my hand in the brown cardboard box, I turn to face the blue eyed blonde.

"Well, a lot of this stuff is my sister's, and as she's coming around today, she's going to take some. Plus I gotta clear up for when I look for a new flat mate in a few weeks!"

"You have a sister?" 

"Yes Niall, I do," I reply.

"Why did I, one of your best friends, not know this?" He asks dramatically. 

"We've been best friends for what, a week? You don't know everything about me Ni," I laugh, before returning to the box that needs filling up. I hear footsteps leaving the room but think nothing of them. Niall's probably gone to get some food. I find a poster rolled up on the floor, so I unravel it, laughing when I realise it's a One Direction poster, probably from their 'What Makes You Beautiful' video. I seal the last box up and head towards my room, deciding to hang up the poster. Jess won't mind.

I open the door, revealing the blue and white of my room. I walk up to my wall of posters and pictures, mainly filled with two or three posters of my favourite movie, The Hunger Games as well as photos of me with my sister, brother in law and niece, Anna. I find a blank space, so I hang up the poster of the boys, who have so quickly turned into my closest friends. Putting the blutack back in my desk drawer, my fingers brush over the buttons of my iPod dock, and I press play, letting the mellifluous sound of Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars harmonising in the song ‘Safe and Sound’ and close my eyes.

I'm such  a fangirl.

"You really like this song , and the movie don't you?" I nod my head. The song fades out so I stop the music altogether.

"I'd love to meet the cast one day!  My sister and I wanted to go to one of the mall tours and signings in America, but I couldn't just randomly leave college, and Jess couldn't leave Anna," I sigh disappointedly.

"Jess? Anna?" Niall asks confusedly.

"My sister and my niece."

"Ah. We're going to America soon.”

"When are you going to America?" I ask excitedly, causing Niall to laugh.

" 1st September, I think." I sigh dejectedly, "You're gonna miss my birthday..."

"Your birthday? When is it?" 

"6th September," I say, “but hey, we can Skype, can’t we?”

“Yup,” he says, popping the ‘P’, “and you can share mine and Liam’s party as well! We can have a party together and be party buddies!” I laugh, shaking my head, causing him to laugh along with him. We both stop laughing and smile at each other, our eyes meeting. I can’t help but stare into his eyes. They are so beautiful, the perfect shade of angelic blue, almost aquamarine, and if you look intensely, you can see little flecks of silver. I feel myself falling deeper and deeper, as if I’m under some sort of hypnotic trance. My heart beats a little faster, and I get this weird feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

The sound of a poster falling is heard, and I’m brought back to reality. Clumsily, I get up and head for the poster, reprimanding myself for what had just happened. He’s my best friend, I shouldn’t be acting that way at all. Plus he has a girlfriend. But I wasn’t going to do anything, I was merely observing his eyes, right? I’m so convincing. Trying to shake the thoughts, and the blush that has probably captured all of my face, making me look flushed, I pick the poster up, and stick it back up.