February 12: (Psalm 131:2)

"But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with my mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me."
      ~Psalms 131:2

Comment:
To calm and quiet our souls before God means that we must bring ourselves into His presence with a full and undeniable humility. We must be willing to put ourselves aside and sit and open our ears to what God wants to say.

In our fast paced society today, there is so much pressure to "go, go, go!" We have so much to do. So many places to be. We don't have time to relax in God's word. (Or so we keep telling ourselves.)

We sometimes see Bible reading or spending time with God as a chore or something that can be easily overlooked because it's not that important. What does it matter if we miss a week of study? Well, I'll tell you, it matters a great deal.

Taking time to quiet your soul and humbly opening your ears to God is vitally important to your spiritual health. Slacking in your time with God is like starving yourself of air. How long would you survive without that? Exactly.

I suggest that you take spare time for God out of your busy schedule. If your schedule starts at 7:00am and you've got school or work throughout the day, wake up earlier and spend an hour or so praying and reading the Word. If you are a night owl, take that hour or two before bed to rest, relax, and rejuvenate yourself through God's word.

Use whatever time works for you but always remember how important it is to spend daily time with God. Quiet your heart, silence your thoughts and open your ears to hear what the Lord says.

~Lily (lilyflower1603)