Edge

It's been 2 days since the party and everyone is still on lock down. It's clear everyone is on edge. "Kid, come on were going for a ride." My dad said walking into the room that I for the most part never leave. Tara was at the hospital and Grandma has Abel. So it's just been me here with the guys checking in constantly. "Where are we going?" I asked as sighed "To see Wendy." He told me honestly and for once not referring to her as my mother. "Why do I have to come.. I don't want to see her." I groaned making his sigh rather loudly. "Because no one is gonna other then Piney and the few guys in the shop. And I have to go see her. So you have to come with me." He said leaning against the wall. "Why can't piney watch me then?!" I argued "because I said no. Stop arguing. Get ready and meet me outside. I mean it. I've been more then reasonable with you the last two days with everything that's happened but I'm not gonna sit here and deal with the attitude. You are not the one in charge." He told me clearly getting mad. I just rolled my eyes and flopped back on the bed "yeah yeah. I'll be out there." I sassed unhappy I have to go see her. My father send me a look before he walked out of the room. I quickly got up and threw my shoes on. I had no intention of going with him. I quickly went up the ladder to the roof. Peaking over the edge I saw him sitting on his bike on the phone distracted so I climbed down the side of the building ladder to the street and took off. I ran for as long as I could. Eventually I ended up at a park and found a bench to sit on. I pulled out my phone for the first time and realized how many messages and missed calls I had from my father. I quickly sent one to him stating I was fine. But the second it sent a call from him came through. I knew declining again will be worse so I answered "where the hell are you? I've searched the whole damn club house. I know you're not here. The second I find you, you are in so much trouble! We're on a lock down for you and you go and take off?! Does a threat to your life mean nothing to you?!" He was yelling at me now through the phone "I'm fine." I stated again and ended the call. I knew he would just track my phone and find me so I just stayed on the bench looking at the sky. About 15minutes later I heard the sound of bikes in the distance. I'm assuming he called some of the other guys since it was clearly more than on bike. Honestly I don't even care at this point. I was so mad at everything. Before I knew it my dad was sitting next to me looking almost to calm. He waved to the guys as a way to tell them to wait. "Krysta. What were you thinking? I don't know what would possibly possess you to do something like this. Specially when we're on a lockdown for you! I don't get it kid. Help me understand." He spoke softly and still too calm for my liking. He was holding back and we both knew it. I just shrugged. Not sure what to say or if I should even try. Nothing I say will make this better. He was staring me as he sighed and stood up. "Let's go. You're mother is waiting." And just like that his tone turn cold and dark. I bit my tongue and stood up I mumbled under my breath but of course he heard me "You're on thin ice kid. I'd watch yourself." He said without turning around. We walked to the bikes and he got on his, I watched for a second before I turned to look at Tig with a pleading look to help me. But he just shook his head. "Sorry trouble I can't help ya out of this one." He told me sympathetically getting on his bike. "Let's go Krysta. I won't tell you again." My dad said again as I gave up and walked over getting on behind him. We arrived home in less then 5 minutes with his speeding. Once we got inside I saw both my grandmother and Wendy in the living room with Abel. "Ma thanks you can go now. I need to talk to my child and Wendy alone." My dad said walking over to her kissing her cheek as she whispered something then left. "This ends today. Your hatred you have against your mother it stops. The disrespect and misbehavior it ends as well. I know I haven't been the greatest father. And that's on me. I wasn't always there and I'm sorry for that. But this new running off thing? Can't keep happening! You're going to get yourself hurt! We are on a lock down because people made it very apparent they have no issue targeting a child! No problem targeting you! I can't keep you safe if you do everything possible to put yourself into harm! Your mother and I have been talking and we think it's best you stay with her for a while. Get you away from the club shit for now. It's-" I cut him off though "NO! I'm not going anywhere with her! I'm sorry I'll won't run off again! But I won't go with her either! It's not fair! She hates me and I hate her! No one wins if I go with her! Expect you! Because then you get rid of me!" I yelled at him catching them both off guard. "Krysta it has nothing to do with getting rid of you! It has to do with keeping you safe! And I don't hate you baby! You're my daughter! I could never! I'm so sorry for what I said to you. I wasn't in the right mind!" Wendy spoke up before my father could trying to reassure me. "This isn't up for debate. It's happening. That's why I was bringing you with me in the first place. You need to pack a bag for a couple weeks worth of stuff." My dad spoke up again getting my attention again. I shook my head and just tore off down the hall to my room. I slammed the door shut locking. It had clearly been cleaned up and fixed since the night of the party. I threw myself onto my bed. Today can't get worse. I laid in my bed crying wishing for this to all be an awful dream.