Chapter 17

February 15, 2022

I look myself in the mirror for the 4th time. I don't know if this dress suits me. I asked Ten the last time we met about what kind of clothing he will wear, and he said the party will be normal so he'll just wear something casual. I picked a dress Sasa gave me for my birthday. It's a casual dress that fits my body.

I put on a thick black coat and gloves. After checking my look one last time, I let out a huge sigh and grabbed my purse.

7:00 pm

"Hi. Glad you came." Radius met me at the entrance garden. The party has already started. It's a typical college birthday party.

"Just feel yourself at home." He left me in the dining area when his basketball team called him. I knew that Daniel is around, but I haven't seen him ever since I got here.

Since I ate already at the restaurant with my parents, I grabbed a beer and decided to look around.

The house is big. But not as big as ours. I haven't made friends with anyone since the school started. I just like being alone at school most of the time.

I went outside to their garden. It's big enough to occupy 100 people. Some are playing beer pong and some are just having fun with the snow. I went to the wooden bench and sat. It's the only place I found not suffocating.

"Come on buddy! Here here!"

I straightened myself and look around. Shit. Am I drunk already? Or I'm just hallucinating?

"Ten." I whispered when I finally saw him. He's on the far side of the garden, playing with a dog on the snow.

The dog now is different. 

He suddenly carried the dog and walk towards the house. I focused on the way he strokes the dog, the way he walks, and the way he smiles.

Everything looks the same.

And then suddenly, his eyes darted to my place. He frowned at first and then smiled. I look away immediately, pretending I didn't see him.

"You're here."

"H- hey." I stared at his dog.

"This is Storm."

Shit.

Another one.

"A she?"

"Yes." I held my hand up and starts stroking her head. She sniffed it and licked it, "She likes you."

"Can I hold her?" He nodded and passed Storm to me. I couldn't help myself to smile. I wonder what happened to Storm in the other world. I wonder if he misses his rider.

"She's a 3 months old-"

"Ten!"

We glanced to the caller and saw a woman waving at us. She's wearing a red coat and there's a suitcase standing on her side.

I look at Ten.

He smiled.