Chapter 6

I forced myself to sleep, but failed. I can hear the doctor's sermon to him and the way he keeps talking back.

A total opposite.

"Now go back to your class." The doctor said. I still have my eyes closed and a blanket around me. I heard the door opened.

"See you soon doctor." And the door closed.

"Tsk."

I let out a huge breath.

After skipping two classes, I went to the gym. I still need to learn everything in here. Maybe D is a close friend of mine.

I saw basketball players around. Most of them are unfamiliar to me. I took a seat on the bench and watched them play.

My eyes caught someone familiar. It was the other guy in the restaurant. He's an athlete. I watched him play. I can tell that he's their captain.

"There you are."

"You're D?" I stood up and grabbed my bag. I was about to go past him when he pushed me back to my position. I felt his force, making my arms hurt.

"Let go of me."

"When did you become so rude Ember?" I pulled my wrist away.

"I'm going."

"No you're not." He blocked the way so I turned around to the other side but he's quick enough to grab my arm and stop me.

"You ain't going anywhere-"

"Hey Daniel!" I look to the person who just shouted, "You're late again! Come down now and have 10 laps of jog."

"We're not done yet."

"We are done Daniel." I glared at him before walking away. So his name is Daniel.

I went out of the gym, frustration is clearly written on my face.

"Wait!" I look back and saw the captain.

"Are you okay?" He shifted his gaze to my arm, "I saw what he did earlier."

"I'm fine." He nodded.

"Okay I'll see you around." He smiled and jogged back to the gym. Weird. Are we friends? Maybe we're friends. I should check the past messages and pictures later to see who my friends are.

As soon as I opened my room, I threw my bag to the floor and lie down on my bed. Too many happenings in one day. I'm so tired!