Chapter 18

I watch him walk towards the girl. Storm is still with me and it seems like the owner forgot her.

Ten hugged the woman and they talked. After a while, Radius appeared on the girl's side. They kissed.

On the lips.

I watched Ten's reaction. I knew what it meant. He quickly hid it and faked a smile.

"What an idiot." I whispered and stood up.

I stroked Storm's fur while we walked towards the house. She fell asleep in my arms and I need to place her to her bed. But I don't know where I should put her. Ten and Radius are nowhere to be seen. Maybe they accompanied that woman.

I climbed up the stairs. The second floor is empty. I walk around the area, and found a big couch.

"Cutie." I smiled as Storm slept on the couch. I searched for any blankets around but I only found a face towel on the coffee table. I placed it on her body and stood up.

I was about to go back to the first floor when I saw someone in the balcony. It's Ten.

I don't know why, but my feet walked towards him. He's looking at the sky.

"Hey." I greeted. He look back,

"Hey. Where is Storm?"

"She's on the couch sleeping."

"Thank you." He said. I walked towards his side and looked at the people in the garden. Even though the weather is cold, they are still having fun.

"You like stars?" I asked him. He look at me and shook his head.

"I like the sky."

"But not the stars?"

"I like them too, but they're inconsistent." The stars tonight are twinkling. Only a few of them are around.

"I like stars." I said, "They are my reminders that our world isn't alone."

He chuckled and looked at me, "You mean aliens?"

"I meant the parallel world." His smile faded. Did I say something wrong? I continue to stare at his eyes, and I think I got the answer to the questions that is stuck in my head.

"You like her, don't you?" He remained silent and looked away. Why do I feel sad to his reaction? Why do I feel..

Jealous?

We just listened to the people below. Ugh I need to control my mouth. I drank 3 beers already, maybe it's time to go home.

"It's hard to accept that I woke up late." He finally answered.

I look at him. He faked a laugh, "I was about to ask her if she would be my girlfriend but things went wrong. I ended up sleeping for 2 years."

I felt my heart is about to burst. Is this the feeling when watching the person you like-

What?

No.

He is not the person I like.

"And now this. Radius and her. Together." He shrugged and crossed his arms. He looked at me, "You like my brother?"

"What? No!" He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Just kidding."

Both of us fell silent. I feel like breaking down in front of him. Shit. He's so identical to the Ten I knew.

"Ten do you paint?" He chuckled at my sudden question.

"No. I only do digital arts. Why?"

"Nothing." He nodded, "How about you?" I look at him again.

"I like studying, I guess?" He laughed. I smiled.

"That's your hobby?"

"Oh my main hobby would be lying down on the sofa while listening to a faint music. What's yours?"

"Besides drawing, believe it or not, I like singing." I smiled and teased him to sing for me. He refused at first but after how many teases, he agreed.

"Come follow me."

He held my wrist and we went inside the house. I quickly wiped a tear coming from my eyes. Ember don't be too emotional. This is just a friendly gesture.

I shouldn't have drank too many beers.

"Do you know how to play piano?" He asked. I stared at the piano in front of us. I shook my head. Music isn't that big part of my existence. And I have never tried playing a musical instrument before.

He sat down and tapped the stool beside him. Taking a seat makes my heart pump stronger. I need to calm myself.

He opened the lid, "I only know one song." I smiled. He looks cute waiting for my approval as if I'm his instructor. I nodded at him.

And he starts to play.