4

TK

"Alright guys, I'm callin' shift, the weather's about to get bad and I want all of you to make it home safe," My dad tells everyone

I look over at Carlos who's big at the moment and he has a scared look in his eyes. Carlos is coming home with us tonight considdering everything's that happened. 

"Hey, I have to go change, but if you want to head to the little closet and get somethings for tonight, just incase, that's okay, I have somethings at home, but not a lot," I tell Carlos

He nods his head and Judd takes him to the little closet. I go get changed and when I return Carlos has some pacifers, stuffies, and a onesie.

"You ready?" I ask Carlos

"S-sure," Carlos whispers

I wrap an arm around Carlos, I learned quickely that he's touch starved. I guide him out to my truck and set our stuff in the back, and Carlos and I sit in the front. 

"I-I'm scared of t-thunder," Carlos whispers quietly

"That's okay, Carlos, you can sleep in my bed tonight and I'll sleep on the air matress right next to the bed if you need me," I tell Carlos

He nods his head and looks out the window at the incoming storm. I get us home and dig out the air matress, then I cook us some supper. Chicken and mac n' cheese, Carlos's favorite little food, I figured dealing with someone whose scared of thunder might be easier when they're little. We move to the living room after supper and I que up Netflix, Carlos is slowly getting into little space and the storms getting closer.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask Carlos whose currently slipping one of my hoodies over his head

"Penguins of Madagasscar," Carlos replies in a small voice

I let out a chuckle and pull the movie up. Carlos tucks himself up against me and lays his head on my chest.  About halfway through the movie Carlos falls asleep, but the thunder wakes him up again.

"It's okay sweetheart, I'm here, how 'bout we move to my bedroom, it's quieter in there," I suggest

Carlos whines and scoots closer to me. I pick him up and carry him to my bedroom. I lay him on the bed and hand him the tiger he picked out earlier before covering him with blankets. I lay down on the air matress and try to fall asleep. 

A few hours later

"D-daddy," I hear a voice next to me sound

I open my eyes and look at the clock 11 p.m. Wait, Carlos just called me daddy, my heart, oh my heart, I'm not letting this one go.

"What's up little one?" I ask

"I's scawed of da tunder," Carlos whimpers

Lightning flashes and I see tears running down his face, I can also tell he's trying really hard to be big. I get up off the air matress and move to the bed. I open my arms and Carlos burries himself in them, I grab a pacifier from the nightstand and pop it in Carlos's mouth. He jumps with evey thunder clap and I keep rubbing his back.