Chapter Seven: Mornings Suck

(Fine, take this long chapter for your wait. :D I apologize that my writing schedule is non existent, I will try my very very best to fix it and make it like every week or so? I dont really know. It's just hard to find time to write.)

     The ground beneath him seemed to warp, any color surrounding him melted away to be replaced with nothing. It was dark all around him, he felt it but decided against opening his eyes for now. There was something beneath his feet, allowing him to know that he was standing once more. He took a deep breath, almost instantly coughing as the thick air filled his lungs. His eyes opened without warning, though he was confused when he did. Were they even open yet? He glanced around at his dark surroundings warily.

The air around him was cold and even suffocating, choking him every time he breathed. He held his hands out in front of his face, confirming he had his eyes open at the moment. "What the..." Jesse mumbled, taking a step forward without realizing it. His heart lurched as he thought the endless darkness would swallow him, seeing as it looked like there was no floor at all. His foot made contact with the ground once more, a relieved sigh escaping the brunette's mouth.

"What now?" He hummed blankly to himself, there was nothing here for him. Only darkness was to be seen. With a deep breath he marched forward, his feet lightly grazing the ground every step. It was quiet as well, he could only hear the sound of his breathing as he got used to the thick air. Jesse wondered where Lukas went, but also where the maze went. The darkness of where he was now was so different to the solid white of the walls. "Hm." Was all he said after that, walking with his gaze forward now.

Where was he going? He didn't know himself, what if he was going the wrong direction? What if he got lost? What if he was never going to get back to his friends? He paused for a moment, staring forward without moving. His breath hitched. "No." He shook his head to rid the thoughts and continued forward. He narrowed his eyes to try and spot anything out of the ordinary, well, everything was out of the ordinary.

A light shown in the distance, it was small yet almost blinding. The brunette rubbed at his eyes for a second before deciding he was not seeing things. He took off at a sprint, his feet barely brushing the ground before flying forward once more. It got closer and closer by the second and hope surged through him, his strides lengthened and he was bounding now. It was so close, he could barely look at it anymore.

His foot fell through the ground.

Everything seemed to slow down as his whole body flew forward, any hope he felt was replaced with dread and fear. He began to fall into the abyss, heart pounding at a rapid rate. He felt as though it was going to explode, closing his eyes tightly as if to try and ground himself. Ha, of course it didn't work.

Instead of it being dark when he closed his eyes, (It was already dark to begin with, without closing them) there was a red wisp and a green wisp, constantly colliding with each other for an unknown reason. There was a voice that rang through his head, almost echoing. He couldn't understand what it was saying, it was in a different language. He just watched as the green and red battled it out, almost like a movie of some sort. A really boring movie. Suddenly, the red began to overtake the green. His body slammed into something with extreme force-

A scream ripped through his throat as he lunged forward, his breath coming in rapid gasps. He grabbed at the sheets that covered him, panting before squeezing his eyes shut. "Oh god..." He rasped, hunching forward to wrap his arms around himself in some sort of a hug. The brunette slowly opened his eyes, a faint red light assaulting his eyes, making him squint.

His vision slowly focused, getting used to the light before he opened his eyes fully. Jesse's hand came up to brush his bangs out of his face, his hair was damp with sweat and it stuck to his forehead. He attempted to correct his breathing, by gasping for some reason, yeah he wasn't thinking correctly yet, huh?