Competition!

Author's PoV
Time 10:30 pm

Scene: Pastry Shop (last part time job of the day)

❣Normal Jimin
Italics Boss Mr Shin

Listen Jimin, I have something to discuss with you. It's very important. I have told all the other members working here, you're the only one left and I wanted to talk to you in private

 I have told all the other members working here, you're the only one left and I wanted to talk to you in private

Yes sir

You have worked here for four long years son ever since that incident....hmm...

Jimin's face takes a melancholic turn

...It's a long long time and I honestly don't want to tell you this...but....

But...I'm selling off this cafe by the end of this month

(The young boy's eyes grew wide out of shock)
Wh... WHAT? But sir.. I.. You know... I won't get a job this quick.. I mean... You are aware of my condition... I..

Yes son, I do know. But my daughter has called me to live with her in America. What reason does this old man have to waste away here all alone? I have been strict with you, even unfair sometimes but you have always worked hard. So in return of taking all my orders and prejudices so honestly without complaints, I have recommended you to the new owner of this shop. He's gonna turn this into a bigger cafe....

...Who.. Who is it? Does he even need a pastry cook? I mean I am not even a proper chef...I don't even have the basic certificates. I couldn't finish college and Bo is already...

I know everything son. But he told me that you would have to pass his taste test, like every other chef he employes. He doesn't care about certificates. All he wants is good, tasty desserts. So there's a chance to show your skills. Moreover you will be very happy listening to this...
(a smile creeps on the old man's face)

What is it sir?

His basic salary starts from #### amount....

Wha...WHAT? THAT'S SO MUCH! I could buy Bo everything with that!

Haha sure you can. But be careful I have heard he's very strict, rude and egoistic yet he's got the reputation of being a playboy as well. Looking at you, someone can easily confuse you for a maiden and let me tell you he's young, very young in fact, to be the owner of a cafe chain so yes... Be careful. The money is alluring but the job is tough