Steaks

"I can't believe you don't want more than a steak." Bumble Bee folded a shirt and added it to a pile of her kids' clothes. "How old are you? 62?"

Cyborg raised his brow. "You don't have to talk about me. We didn't do anything for your birthday."

"We were fighting." She stared at him as if wondering if he were serious.

He gulped. "Well the year before we were-"

"Fighting, too." She supplied.

"Not on the actual day." He grasped at straws.

"Not on the actual day." She allowed.

He felt a bit of vindication... and promptly put his foot in his mouth. "It's not my fault you're boring, too."

"What?!" Her brows crashed together.

His eye widened. "Whoa! No!"

"Are we having a problem?!" She tried to sound calm but a bit (a lot) of shrillness entered her tone.

"No! We're not!" He waved his hands, fear tiptoeing down his spine. "You're pretty!"

"Why do you keep saying that?! I know I'm pretty!"

"That's kinda conceited-" Cyborg realized too late he was stuffing his robotic foot deeper into his maw. He buttoned his lips tightly together then eeked out a response that was guaranteed to get her out of shooting stance. "I'm going to go check on the kids."

"Yeah, you do that." She stared him down.

He backed out, knowing better than presenting his back to a predator. He grinned uneasily until the door to their room shut then he ran to grab his daughter.

He bounced her in his arms and ignored all the faces she made at him as he knocked on the Logan door.

Changeling answered with a grey baby on his chest. "Hey?"

"Hey." Cyborg shifted Aisling higher. "Want to go for a walk?"

"With the babies?" Changeling cocked his head. Only the girls did that.

"Yeah." Cyborg would take anything.

Changeling looked down at his son. "What do you say, Pollo? Want to go for a walk?"

The baby mewled, chewing on his father's shirt.

"I think that's a yes. Let me get the double stroller and Art."

"I'll get Kid and 'Wing." Cyborg turned to go.

"Meet you outside."

pagebreak

"So what's up?" Kid Flash was the last to meet up outside.

"What took you so long?!" Cyborg demanded instead.

"Jinx wanted to know why I was just taking Barry and not Tal, too. I told her it was male bonding."

"I just didn't want any kid that could talk and spill our secrets..."

Kid Flash huffed. "Now you tell me. I'll be right back."

"No!" Nightwing put a hand on his arm. "You're out here now and honestly what would you even tell her? male bonding was boring?"

"But she's going to know that you guys all brought your daughters."

"Just say that it was male bonding with the new babies." Cyborg thought up.

Kid Flash nodded slowly. "That sounds good."

"Why couldn't you have gone with the truth?" Changeling shrugged in confusion. "I told Rae that I was taking the babies on a walk."