nineteen.

anastasia presley james
chapter nineteen
aug. 4, 2013

natasha, clint and i spent the entire night talking about the mission. they further educated me about the twins, one with extreme speed, the other with mind control and powers like mine. ultron is a creation far from what stark had anticipated to create, his one true goal; total annihilation. 

"wait, so she got into your head's and made you think of your worst nightmares, basically, to stall you?" i ask, in a sense for clarification.

we were in the dining room, each with a cup of coffee. barton was in his pajamas, natasha as well, yet i was still in my jeans and flannel. i decided that i spent too many days wearing pajamas to find comfort in them.

clint nods and natahsa takes a sip of her coffee, before looking at me.

"there's an a huge amount of vibranium missing, we have no idea what ultron has done with it," she explained, with a worrisome face.

"just- we have to try to find the cradle. steve will go to the lab and we'll go from there, and ana," clint turns to me,"i really do hope you are a fast of a learner as they say. we need a soldier right now."

i nod and he stands up walking away. i look down and swipe my band on my wrist, the time reads fifteen past eleven at night. i look back up and see natasha staring, making me laugh nervously.

"what?" i smile, asking rhetorically.

she shook her head and shrugged her shoulders.

"nothing," she says with a smirk on her face. 

i see a lego on the ground. i bend down in my seat and grab it, throwing it in natasha's mutual vicinity, hitting her head.

"funny, ana, so mature," natasha joked, allowing a small chuckle to escape my lips.

my laughter slowly dies down, causing a overwhelmingly uncomfortable silence to fall across the room.

"ana?" natasha called out, in a low voice.

"yes?" i respond.

"i'm sorry no one came to visit, we weren't allowed to," i look up at natasha who had a guilty look on her face.

i let out a deep breath and nod,"don't sweat it, i had a lot of time to catch up with bucky and i will always be grateful for that. how," i clear my throat and look around the room to make sure it's just her and i,"how was steve?"

she leans in on the table and gives me a small comforting smile.

"ana, he's a soldier. he goes through a lot and acts like he's fine, yet you were gone for only so many months and i thought he was going to kick phil's ass just to get you back," she said, looking back at me and i nod, biting the inside of my cheek.

"he loves you," she adds, i look down at my hands that are wrapped around the warm mug.

i shake away the thoughts of steve, and sense an energy from natasha,  

"and you? i can feel a change in your energy, what's going on?" i look up at her through my eyelashes, with a playful smirk. 

natasha blushes, shaking her head to hide it.

"nothing," she smiles, i roll my eyes and move the lego to hit her head again with my mind,"seriously?" she chuckles, throwing the lego at me.

"green, that's what i feel," i look at her with skeptical eyes and she shrugs.

"maybe it's your powers," she says nonchalantly.

"banner," the word came out of my mouth like second nature.