CHAPTER 1

SIENNA

Words.

Words.

Horrifying words.

Scary words.

I let out a long breath and closed my laptop screen with fury. Writing my first novel was definitely so much easier than writing my second. When there was no due date and economic burden writing was the easiest thing for me. Now not so much.

My first novel Unholy Ways was a big success. Hell, it is still a big success. I could have stopped for a while after being a bestseller writer but I made a promise to myself years ago that I am not going to be a one-time success. I am going to write a book that is even scarier than Unholy Ways.

I wish I knew how Stephen King does it. Well, I have a guess involving illegal substances.

Every writer gets writer's block, right? Nothing to worry about. Maybe I should outline like all the other writers.

I get up from my desk. I was going circles in my room with my laptop on my lap for almost two days. Two days without a shower. Disgusting.

After I leave my room I went straight to Tillie's room. I get in without knocking, we are past that stage. Tillie was laying on her bed wearing an oversized, grey NYU sweater. One hand on her belly and the other hanging on the side of the bed holding a cigarette. She gave me a lazy smile behind her messy silver-white hair. "Hey, Amy Dunne you are out of your room."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. Tillie decided to call me Amy Dunne not just because I write thriller but because she insists that I am definitely an Amy Dunne when it comes to love. Even though I am not very experienced in the dating scene I know I am a ride or die girl. Not crazy as Amy Dunne though.

I reached Tillie's hand for the cigarette. "Our landlord is going to kill us one day you know right." While Tillie cried for losing her cigarette, I put it between my lips and inhaled deeply. Now that felt good. Still no inspiration though.

"Hey I thought you were going to throw it."

Let myself fall back on the mattress, my head hitting Tillie's thighs I exhaled. "No. If you are going down, I am going down with you."

Tillie giggled and reached for another cigarette. After she lit it and drop the lighter her other hand found my blonde hair, which was a curled mess. "How is writing going Sisi?"

"Number one thing you should not ask a writer." After I get a little smack to my head I giggled and answered, "Like shit. Cannot write a word."

"Come on girl you are Sienna Rossi you did it once you can do it again."

I let out a breath. She was right. I could say those exact words to myself but when Tillie says them I actually believe them. I sit up quickly. "I can do it. I am just overthinking. Let's do something fun. Maybe watch some trashy horror movies." We both loved trashy horror.

Tillie considered for a second but then a mischievous smiled spread on her face. "I have a better idea."

"I really hope that it's not doing coke from each other's asses."

Tillie giggled but didn't lose the look on her eyes. "Plan B then."

"You want to go out right?" I knew her well. She liked to party. To be honest I liked to party as well but never lost control too much. I have always been the mom of the group kind of gal even when there is no group.

She sit up, put her elbows on her knees, inhaled her cigarette while giving me that dirty look. "We are going to a strip club and drink enough booze to recreate one of the Hangover movies."