CHAPTER 4

JAMES

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. That rarely happens. Usually, the light of the sun wakes me up, thanks to my floor-to-ceiling windows. Even on cloudy days my body somehow manages to wake up very early in the morning. Not this morning apparently. Maybe I was more tired than I thought.

I leaned to my nightstand and shut off my alarm. When I could open my eyes fully I took in my surroundings. It was definitely different than last night. First of all, there was no mess of clothes. Secondly and most importantly there was not a woman in my arms. Sienna was not on the bed with me. Even though it was totally okay for her to leave early a wave of anger rushed through me. I realized that I wanted to wake up next to her after last night.

I got out of bed still annoyed. She seemed like she was into our date and she seemed like she enjoyed the sex. And she didn't even leave a note. Well, maybe she didn't enjoy our night as much as I hoped.

After I finished my routine in the bathroom I decided to make my way downstairs. Kind of hoping to find a note from Sienna in there. Because there were none in my room and there were no messages on my phone from her as well.

On the stairs, I heard a small noise, sounded like humming. I followed the noise to the kitchen and I found something better than a note. Sienna. She was cooking something on the stove and humming a song I didn't recognize. She was still in my t-shirt but from the look of her bare ass cheeks, she changed into her underwear. Her hair was in a messy bun like last night. Her singing voice was definitely not the prettiest but I couldn't care. Finding her here gave me a strange sense of relief.

"Good morning," I announced my presence.

She jumped and turned, one hand on her chest. "Oh my god, you scared me? You have cat feet."

"I have what?"

"Cat feet you know?" she made a little cat impression using her hands to create a walking gesture. "Really quiet."

I couldn't hold my laughter. "Maybe you didn't hear me because of your singing."

She covered her mouth, eyes wide. "Did I wake you?"

"No, actually I thought that you left already."

"Oh," she paused for a second. "Would you prefer for me to left?"

I got closer to her and put my hands on her hips. "Sienna did I gave you a reason to think that?" I was really curious. Was I the reason for her self-consciousness?

She shook her head. "No, I just... I don't know I guess I am being stupid." When I didn't respond but only looked at her she put her hand over mine which was still resting on her hips. "Now let me go or the omelet is going to get burned."

I released her and went to the coffee-maker. "You made an omelet."

"Yeah. I mean I don't know if you have a special diet or anything but omelet seemed like a very safe choice."

"You didn't have to make breakfast you know that right?"

She bit her bottom lip. "Is that mean you don't want an omelet."

I chuckled. "I didn't say that." Waking up to a prepared breakfast was definitely not something I would complain about.

When Sienna finished the omelet and put them on plates coffee was ready as well. "You drink coffee right."

She hesitated for a second. "I will drink a little."

I pour her coffee into a small cup. "Don't you like coffee?" I asked sitting next to her on the island.