e l e v e n

february 6, 2020

isn't it weird that despite sunoo saying he'd be doing all the work to get closer to sunghoon, he doesn't even have to try that hard when the guy himself is talking to him more often now?

this whole thing seems like a fever dream. never would he imagine park sunghoon would be talking to him now so casually. they've talked before but sunghoon never really made the effort to reach out to sunoo until... well, until he and jay broke up.

sunoo didn't want to think badly of sunghoon but him trying to be friendly is just suspicious.

and part of him is a little scared. scared that things will not turn out as expected but he shakes them off, forcing himself to think positively. looking on the bright side used to be second nature for him until he entered the new world which is highschool.

before he crosses the street, he makes sure to send a reply to sunghoon's question about his math homework.

"sunoo, you're-"

"late. i know. sorry," sunoo quickly interrupts with a shake of the head. "believe me. i tried to get here in the earliest way possible but it's not my fault you pick meeting places that are too far, heeseung-ssi."

"good point. sorry. forgot you have afternoon classes. i can add ten to fifteen minutes if you want," heeseung amends, throwing sunoo a small smile through a mouthful of hotteok.

the younger smirks a little while fixing the strap of his bag. "no. i'd like to keep you waiting. what i do want is to know why we are here. in the streets. are we planning to ask for alms?"

heeseung shakes his head as he pops the remaining piece of hotteok to his mouth. "nope." a knowing grin. "for today, i thought i could spice things up a little bit."

"good idea because i honestly didn't consider the first four meetings a part of the bucket list."

"hey! learning how to ride a bike is bucket-list material," heeseung weakly defends, his hands lazily waving in the air to prove his point.

sunoo has to snort at the memory of lee heeseung almost crying his eyes out when he broke the bell of the bike because he was holding onto it tightly instead of the handlebar.

heeseung ignores the unpleasant sound he made and instead, starts walking.

sunoo's little smile transforms to a frown as he follows heeseung. the two wordlessly walked for about ten minutes. sunoo notices heeseung stop and look at a rental venue just two shops away to their right. there seems to be a kid's birthday party going on, judging from the clown he can see from his position.

"heeseung-ssi, what are we going to do?"

it's hard for sunoo not to notice the mischievous glint in the older boy's eye. "crash a party, i guess."

"excuse me. what?" sunoo blinks.

"is not that bucket list material for you?" heeseung quirks, moving forward.

sunoo processes what he said for a second before catching up to him and tugging at his arm. "we might get caught."

"that's the fun in it."

sunoo supposes it can be fun. as long as they leave themselves out of trouble.
he fixes heeseung with a stern gaze. "if anything happens, i'm blaming and sacrificing you."

"sacrificing me- what?" there is a mix of worry, confusion, and amusement in the heeseung's chuckle.

sunoo looks at the partyplace again. "a kid's party? really?"

"what? it's still a party. come on," heeseung persists, taking bigger steps to reach the place. sunoo watches the older confidently swaggering and nearly tripping on his own feet.