The Meeting

~Keith P.O.V~
I was on the internet watching random Youtube videos when an ad popped up for a rap contest. Intrigued, I clicked the link and read the information. It was a rap battle hosted by my idol Daddy Dearest. He said that he was hosting it to see who would come on stage with him at his next concert and rap a few lyrics with him. Are you kidding me! I thought. This is fucking amazing!!! I started writing lyrics and listening to beats of songs I liked. One of the qualifications of the contest was to write your own song.

-Pico P.O.V-

It was 1 pm and I was still sleep.
I was tired from the night before because I had been out partying with Nene and Darnell. We had gone to a club and had been drinking. After the club, we went to Nene's house and got high off of weed brownies.
It was a fun way to spend a night Friday but not so fun to experience it in the morning.
I finally decided to get up. I lazily made my way to the bathroom and freshened up.
Then I went to the kitchen, almost tripping over trash bags and a few pizza boxes. I made myself a glass of water then stacked the cup with the rest of the dirty dishes.
I'll clean that later, I thought. Knowing that I wasn't about to clean it anytime soon.
Suddenly, my phone started ringing, a little too loudly. "What?" I answered in annoyance.
"Hey, man it's me," answered Darnell. " Still hungover?" He laughed.
"Whatever, why the hell did you call me?" I answered angrily.
"I just wanted to tell you that I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw an ad for a rap battle held by Daddy Dearest. The winner will get to go on stage in his next concert and rap a few lyrics. I called you because I know you love to rap. Are you interested?"
"Hell fucking yea, I'm interested!!! Are you kidding me, thanks man!!"
"No problem, by the way, man did you get the number of the chick we met at the club, I think her name was Annie.. she was fucking hot."
"Uh...no man sorry."
Then I hung up the phone.
Are you kidding me! I thought. This is a chance to make a name for myself. I finally won't be the guy with problems who shot down a school.
I started practicing and warming up my voice.
* Contest day*

~Keith P.O.V.~
My alarm woke me up at 8:00 because the contest was at 10:30.
I started getting ready. I threw on a white shirt with a symbol of a circle with a line through it. It was my favorite shirt and I wore it to almost every rap battle I went to. Then I pulled on my baggy blue jeans, laced up my red sneakers, and put on my favorite red cap.
I grabbed my phone and ran out the door of my apartment. As I was walking down the side walk, I checked my phone and saw that it was only 9:00. I thought that I could go to a nearby gas station and grab something to eat. I turned around abruptly and smacked into someone.
"Hey!" I heard a feminine voice shout. "Watch where you're going."
Startled, took a step back and helped up the person I knocked down.
It was a girl. She had brunette hair, a pretty face, and was wearing a shiny red dress and red heels.
When I helped her up she was a foot taller than me and I'm 5" 6'. I was wondering how I knocked her down. She was really, really tall.
She started brushing herself off, then turned to look at me. "Why did run into me, could you watch where you're going next time."
"Yea, I'm sorry. I was lost in thought," I apologized.
"Hey," I noticed, " you're the girl from that rap battle ad."
"Yea, let me guess, you're getting ready to go there now?"
I nodded.
"I was on my way there, since I'm one of the judges."
I gulped nervously, "I won't get negative marks since I knocked you down right."
She laughed loudly and I nervously laughed with her.
She, then walked away and wished me good luck.
I thanked her and checked the time. It was 9:30. I decided that I was going to have to skip breakfast and go ahead to the contest. As I was walking, I realized she hadn't answered my question about her giving me negative marks for knocking her over.
Well, hopefully she'll be blown away by my song. I thought.

-Pico P.O.V-
I was laying in bed sleeping. I slept until my phone started ringing.
"Hello?" I groggily answered.
"I hope your lazy ass is up and you're on your way to the contest because it's 9:30."
I sighed.
It was Nene.
"Yea, yea, I'm on my way." I lied.
"Don't lie to me or I'll slit your throat. Get up and go to the contest." She replied angrily. Then hung up.
Damn, now she's angry. I'll have to apologize.
I rolled my eyes and got ready for the contest.
Rifling through a pile of dirty clothes on my floor. I sniffed a green sweatshirt. Doesn't smell too bad. I thought.
Pulling it over my head, I picked out some baggy khaki pants and brown sneakers. I grabbed my gun and put it in my back pocket and pulled my shirt over it.
I looked in the mirror and raked my fingers through my hair. Shooting my reflection finger guns, I grabbed my phone and left the house.

~Keith P.O.V~
I arrived at the contest building and made my way inside.
There was a pretty long line of people there. I grabbed my name tag and looked around.
I saw the girl I ran into, setting up some speakers on the stage.
Two people in front of me were little kids and they were dancing and jumping on each others backs.
They were wearing what looked like Halloween costumes, a pumpkin and a skeleton.
"SPOOKY MONTH RULES!!" screamed the pumpkin at the top of his lungs.
"SPOOKY MONTH SHOULD BE EVERY MONTH!!" screamed the skeleton.
Then they continued dancing and twirling.
I blinked and continued looking around.
Behind me I felt raspy breathing on the back of my neck.
I was scared to turn, but I did it anyway.
I was almost face to face with a very, very tall man who had a giant yellow lemon head. He was wearing a black turtleneck, black jeans, and black shoes. He had big, monstrous eyes cut out of the lemon on his head. The thing that scared me the most was his big gaping mouth with millions of teeth.
His face was so so close to mine that I could smell his sour lemon breath.
He grabbed my shoulders with his rough hands and started shaking violently.
I didn't know what was happening, so I pried myself from his iron-clad grip, and ran to the back of the line.
It was the best move I could think of. That lemon headed "thing" was insanely scary. I turned around to see the skeleton and pumpkin kids running around him laughing.
Lost in thought, I ran in to someone. Again, I thought.
Picking myself up, I looked to see who I knocked down.
It was an orange haired guy. He was holding his head and swearing.
God, I thought, he's hot.
Blushing terribly, I was confused on why my mind jumped there first.
"Like what you see?" smugly questioned the orange haired man.
I began blushing even more and mumbled, " I-i'm s-sorry , I did-didn't see...i was thinking...are you.....are you okay."
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I mentally slapped myself.
He picked himself up and smirked. "Hey no problem, I'm Pico by the way."
"K-keith," I stuttered.

———————————————————————————
𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛. 𝙸 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝, 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎. 𝙰𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗.