Damaged

Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Reyna, and Nico all stood at the border of Camp Half Blood together. The Giant War had ended only days ago and this would be the first time they would pass the border since then. They were still mourning Leo's death after all, and they weren't quite sure they were ready to face the world again.

The monsters they'd face, the horrors that awaited, it was unfathomable. But they couldn't stay here forever. Besides, they had each other. Percy squeezed Annabeth's hand, giving her a warm smile. "As long as we're together, Wise Girl," He said, brushing her hair behind her ear, "We'll be okay."

The pair stepped across the border, Reyna and Nico following suit, then Hazel and Frank, Jason and Piper the last to cross.

Of course they couldn't make it far before the monsters attacked though. 10 minutes to be precise. What did you expect?

The nine were forced to fight against the monster attack, slashing and stabbing at the beasts. To say it was a brutal fight would be an understatement, even though the most powerful demigods of the century were fighting it. They were outnumbered by at least twenty.

It was even worse how most of the monsters recognized Annabeth and Percy from Tartarus, and it was all the other demigods could do to distract the monsters from the two.

"Percy!" Annabeth suddenly cried, the two standing back to back. Percy whirled around to see Piper cornered against a tree, a harpy pinning her and preparing to shred her to pieces.

Percy grit his teeth, hurling his sword across the forest and impaling the harpy directly in the back and causing it to disintegrate into ashy dust.

They weren't in the clear yet though. Riptide hadn't returned yet and a hellhound began to advance, at least twice the size of Mrs. O'Leary.

Percy looked at Annabeth. Annabeth Chase, the love of his life. He turned back to the hellhound, desperately thrusting his hand out and letting out a guttural cry.

Deep inside of him, the glass that had just begun to fix itself shattered for good, pieces flying everywhere.

The hellhound crumbled to the forest floor, twitching, screaming, as it's internal veins and arteries exploded within its body, blood pouring out of the capillaries, contained only by the monster's skin.

The only person that recognized what was going on was Annabeth. She recognized the dark, almost black, gleam that Percy's eyes took on, shrouding the familiar sea green behind a curtain of darkness.

With a final howl, the hellhound died, but for the first time ever, it didn't turn to dust. It looked like a mortal being, it's body slumped over. Percy watched the life drain from the monster's vacant eyes, eerily similar to Mrs. O'Leary's.

The rest of the demigods froze, staring at Percy in shock, each of them realizing that right now, they were scared as hell of Percy Jackson.

Annabeth was ignoring them though, focusing only on Percy and repeating the same words she said in Tartarus. But they were softer now, quieter, as she buried her head into his chest. "Some things aren't meant to be controlled," She repeats, stroking his arm.

Percy's chest is heaving but at his side, his fingers clench and flex, in and out. Secretly, he liked the feeling of the power that thrummed through his body. He wanted to do it again.

He needed to do it again.

Inside, Percy is laughing, because finally, finally the domination of gods and monsters that have held over him his entire life. The monsters will fear him now since with a flick of his wrist he can end their life. The gods no longer had control of him. Ichor is still a liquid, right?

No more being a pawn of the gods, forced to do their bidding.

No more sleeping with a knife under his pillow, and three more hidden in the closet.

He's freer than any demigod has been before.

And he planned to keep it that way.

First oneshot of more to come! Kind of short, ones in the future will definitely be longer. I am also totally open to requests or ideas if you'd like to comment or pm me!