5: Never Giving Up

So this is WAY overdue, and I promise the next one will be longer, now that I know where Im going with this. I WAS writing this with another person, but she decided to drop off the face of the Earth...so Im sorry.  Only pieces of this is my fault. ANYWAY! This is my fav chapter sofar, and i know its short but I couldnt find a better way to end this off. 

DONT WORRY, drama WILL continue, but will Justin change? 

--

*Carter’s P.O.V*

                I watched as Selena took off in a storm of tears. I looked back at Justin, who had hurt in his eyes again. Leaning in to press my lips to his cheek, I whispered, “Let me talk to her.” He looked at me, utterly shocked. It was either because I kissed his cheek, or because I said id go talk to her…one could never tell. But I knew that he still cared about her, maybe a little bit…deep, deep down. So, I knew I had to consol her in some way. I let go of his hands, and walked slowly in the direction she had gone. After a good ten minutes of walking around, I found her, huddled up in a ball on a park bench a few blocks away. Her heals were tossed to the side, and her head rested on her knees. “Selena?” I whispered. She looked up, scared, then venom filled her eyes. “What?” she spat. I blinked at her, “I'm sorry.” She sat there, staring at me for the longest time. Hundreds of different emotions passed through her eyes. She looked down, rubbing the black pools from beneath her eyes, “I'm sorry too.” My mouth gaped open, “Why?” “I drove him away, I was a foul, cruel person and I'm the one who ruined myself and I shouldn’t be taking it out on your happiness” she whispered. I sat down next to her, “I hated him at the beginning.” She laughed, “Really?” I chuckled too, easing into a comfortable conversation. “He was an asshole” I stated simply. She quieted, “I made him that way.” I shrugged, “But it's different now.”

                “How?” she asked. “I'm bringing him out of it, he's becoming sweet, and caring, soft” I smiled. “You love him a lot, don't you?” she asked. I thought for a moment, lie? Or truth? I flexed my finger, watching my ring. I decided it would be best if I told the truth, “I suppose I do.” She nodded, “You did marry him after all.” “Listen Selena, I know you’ll find love again, if you stay you” I said. “Carter, I'm an ugly person on the inside, no one could love this…not after what I did to Justin” she faltered. “But that's not you, your beautiful on the inside, I know it” I said. She just shook her head. I stood and pulled her to her feet. “We’re cleaning you up, and taking you back to the awards, afterwards you take a month off of everything, stay somewhere away from all this a focus on being you again, got it?” I spoke, looking at her eyes. They sparkled with happiness, “Okay” she breathed.  I nodded, approving and then we turned and walked back to the awards together, Selena’s shoes in one hand and her other arm locked with mine.

*Justin*

                I waited, patiently off to the side on the red carpet. Every once and awhile people would come up to chat or answer questions, but for the most part people were filing back to the building. The awards were starting soon. All of the sudden, flash bulbs were going off like crazy and then people began yelling, calling for some poor persons attention. I walked onto a more crowded place on the carpet. I started hearing names then, ‘Carter!’ ‘Selena!’. Carter and Selena? That didn’t sound good! I started shoving through people, running to get to the source. When I finally broke through the pack of photographers and my mouth dropped open at the sight. Carter was posing for pictures and interlocked to her arm was a beaming Selena Gomez.  Carter looked to the side, seeing me a smiling. It was an honest happy smile, which made me smile. She motioned for me to come forward and I obeyed, walking quickly. When I approached I wrapped an arm around her waist and Selena let go instinctively. Carter looked over and pulled her close again. This was a side of Carter I had never seen before. We smiled at the cameras for a few seconds before Carter looked off, signaling it was time for us to move on. Selena let her arms drop to the sides and we all turned to move in the direction of the venue. As the last of the cameras were shooed away, and we were virtually alone, Selena spoke. “I'm sorry for everything I’ve done Justin. I changed you, and your not you anymore although Carter says it's a work in progress” she smiled, laughing at the last part. I blinked, glancing at Carter.

Her cheeks were rosey, though her eyes didn’t leave Selena. “I’m going to go for awhile, and work on being me again” she added. I nodded, looking back to Sel. “I know your sorry, and I forgive you. Thank you for letting me be happy” I whispered. She nodded, “Just don’t give up on each other okay? Now that I see you two, I can honestly say I’ve never seen two people more perfect for each other.” “Thank you Selena, now, go get our seats, I’ll meet you in there in a second, I’d like to talk to my husband” Carter smiled, honestly. Selena smiled, and walked into the building. I pulled Carter into my arms, standing there silently in our embrace. Letting her go, but keeping her hands I asked the question on the top of my mind, “Do you have faith in me?”

*Carter’s P.O.V*

                “Do you have faith in me?” he asked. This was one of the strangest questions I had ever heard from Justin. I peered up at him, locking into his eyes. “I have faith that you will change when your heart is comfortable enough with me. But I don’t know if you’ll ever fall for me” I said honestly. He looked alittle hurt. Oh Carter, why must you hurt him so. “But I’m glad you’re happy, and as long as I'm here –I raised our interlocked fingers- I promise I will NEVER give up on you” I whispered. He stood there, and simply looked at me. His eyes on mine, were trusting, but testing, before he spoke, “I wasn’t lying when I said I felt something.” I smiled, “I know, but I want you to say it from here.” I poked his chest over his heart with my free hand. “And not from anywhere else” I finished. Justin looked down, he knew he couldn’t honestly say it yet, and I was okay with that. I lifted his chin so his eyes were on mine again, “Never giving up.” He smiled, bringing my ringed hand to his lips, “Never.”