4: Number One Fans, Haters, & Broken Hearts

Thanks for sticking in there!!:D Sorry its been so long!

Enjoy~!

--

Carter's POV

                I recoiled as the sound of people banging and yelling was magnified for the slightest second, a clear sign someone had entered the building. Oh no, not more paparazzi. With my head pounding, and my ears ringing, I didn't ponder on what to do if I came across another sleazebag. Id kick him where the sun don't shine, and I would love it. He’d fall to the ground in pain and I would laugh. I laughed slightly at how evil I sounded before preparing myself, I was shocked as a lanky figure came bounding in, a shorter one bouncing behind. Alex and Dee. My mood lightened instantly, it felt good to have some familiarity in the building. "Hello girls. How was the trip here?" I asked, a small smirk growing at the sight of their tired expressions. They hadn’t traveled far, I bet they went out again last night. At least they made it, I thought, at least they didn't get crushed at the feet of the people hungry for our personal lives an secrets. I glanced back through the glass of the lobby and noticed that everyone had left, no more greedy faces and cameras anywhere. Weird. I turned back to my friends and pulled them into my arms, letting them catch their breath before squeezing the life out of them in an endearing hug. I let them go and then Alex moved farther away, as to avoid another hug. "Hey Carter, how’s the hubby?" she asked between pants, glancing in Justin's direction, a little grin on her face. Is she, flirting, with my husband? And in front of me? That girl has some nerve I must admit.

                "What are you doing?" I asked, a little twinge of edge in my voice. My anger was twisting inside my head, taking over. "Getting a head start on Mr. Yummy over there" she said in an obvious tone. She did know she was talking to me right? A wave of jealousy swirled through me, growing in my throat, forcing me to say things I would regret. Attempting to stop my thoughts, I tried my hardest to swallow what was coming, but I just couldn't help it. Why was even feeling like this? Before I could answer that question and without thinking it through first, words began to flow from my mouth, relieving my thirst to protect what was mine. "You little hoe! Are you flirting with my husband?!" I asked a little too loud. People in the lobby all snapped their heads in my direction. Dee's jaw dropped and Alex's eyes widened, a flicker of fear shooting through her eyes into mine, giving me a glimpse of her feelings. She was scared, good. A split second later, after the fear had registered and the disbelief taking over her eyes switched to a mixture of jealousy and pure rage. "I'm the hoe? You drank your ass off and married a stranger" she scoffed, waving in her arm in Justin’s direction, confidence building behind her cold eyes. My jaw hardened and walked up to directly face her, it seemed as though "Bitch, get the fuck away from me, and more importantly my husband, who if you haven't noticed, is mine" I growled. A taken back look crossed her features, and she stepped back, intimidated by my comment. She sputtered a nervous scoff, coming up with words to say as Dee lifted her hands and clapped. "Nice job Carter." she said, obviously proud at how I defended what meant the most to me. "Oh, and by the way, he doesn't like sluts. So you should stop now before he has to brake it to you" I said, a fake smile spreading on my face as I walked back to stand near Justin. "Wow" was all he said, sticking his arm through mine and Dee's, leading us to the car, leaving Alex with her mouth wide open standing in the lobby.

                I felt a stream of satisfaction as I went over the conversation again in my head, remembering every thought and word. I was proud, until I remembered two very frightening pieces of my thoughts to myself. 'Protect what was mine' and 'What meant the most to me'. Did that mean Justin? Did I mean Justin? I didn't feel for him, did I? I thought for a minute, no, I know that I can't stand him. 'So why stop Alex from flirting with him? Why not let her? Why say he meant the most?' I fought with my mentality. ARG, I'm SO STUBURN! Did I really love him? Wait, love? Five minutes ago I couldn't tolerate him, now I'm talking about love? I sighed, deciding I need to settle with my current problem before wondering who my soul mate is. I laughed lightly to myself; my life is a mess. "Why'd you do it?" Dee asked, folding her arms across her chest. Do what? Oh, well crap. She noticed I was fighting for Justin too. Why in the hell did she have to be some observant. "Do what?" I said, playing dumb. So I went to twirling a piece of my hair in my fingers. "You know what I mean Carter. Don't play stupid with me, Why'd you do something like that for the one person you hate?” her eyes glazed over with amusement and sarcasm,  “Or should I know say, loooooove" she spoke, annoyingly stretching out the dreaded word. The word that taunted my thoughts. The word that was number one in my vocabulary. The dumbass word that pulled me into this unfortunate mess. I swallowed my thoughts and spat out the thing that I knew would break my heart as much as it probably did to him, "I don't love him, plus, she was asking for it. I wouldn't want the paparazzi to see her all over him.” I was going along with my new alibi. Lets hop she buys i- "Don't even try. I know you don't give a damn what they think. So why did you do it?" she asked again.