Red Lights- Taywhora

driver's license songfic time <3 disclaimer that i live in an extremely southern state and am indeed American so i don't have much exposure to uk slang/culture so please excuse discrepancies :) content warning for arguing and mentions of alcohol/consuming alcohol <3 happy hearts day angels

•••

I got my driver's license last weekJust like we always talked about'Cause you were so excited for meTo finally drive up to your house

Just like we always talked about
'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house

"Do you figure Ellie could be making anymore of a slag of herself right now?" Tia laughed, making eyes at the blonde across the room over the rim of her cup as she took a swift drink.

Turning to find Ellie, drunkenly slumped against Lawrence Chaney of all people, Aurora couldn't help the playful rolling of her own eyes. "Something tells me she's going to regret that when she wakes up in the morning, as if the hangover won't be enough to deal with."

Looking into her empty cup, the blonde herself contemplated how much more alcohol she planned on consuming throughout the evening, and whether or not she should opt to sleep it off at Tia's place rather than attempting to stumble up her front steps.

"You could take a hint or two from her," the tall girl suggested, waggling her eyebrows suggestively. "I think a one night stand could do you some good."

An initially,"small," get together at Asttina's house since her parents were out of town had quickly erupted into a larger mass of teenagers over-occupying the space and spilling into her front lawn. Plastic cups and crushed cans littered the ground amongst other trash throughout the property, causing Aurora to tsk to herself at the sheer mess that would have to be dealt with afterwards.

"I think I'm gonna go get a refill, I need more alcohol in case I have to witness Ellie slip Lawrence tongue or something," Aurora excused herself, shuffling past the crowded porch and into the living room. As far as she knew, the thought of finding herself intermingled with another person made her sick to her stomach.

"Don't get yourself into any trouble! I'd rather not have to break up another altercation between you and Veronica!" Tia called after the blonde as she walked off.

But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

Typically, Aurora was anything but a party-inhabiting creature. She found staying at home to sketch and catch up on some pieces for her design course to be much more preferable to getting black out intoxicated and puking her guts up on someone's bathroom floor.

Driving up to Asttina's house that night, Tia taking selfies of herself from the passenger seat, had done nothing but allow for the pit in her stomach to grow larger. The past weeks following after New Year's Eve which, did anything but allow for optimism towards another revolution around the sun. It was a few days until Valentine's and for the first time in her life, Aurora thought she wouldn't be spending it alone...