If I could tell her // cherry valentine/ellie diamond

Hi divas!!! Hopefully I am back to regular updates now that I have a new writing device, just a reminder that I am always accepting ship requests for oneshots! :) here's a little fluffy Ellie Diamond + Cherry Valentine action (here's to a coffee shop au... again... clearly I have a bias towards this trope lol! ) no trigger warnings! - mak <3

 clearly I have a bias towards this trope lol! ) no trigger warnings! - mak <3

"Dear God, Cherry. This is getting a tad bit sad to watch," Tia frowned whilst wiping down the cafe's countertops watching Cherry from the corner of her eye, who looked to be only a few moments away from drooling into the vanilla cake batter she was previously whisking as she fawned over a customer she had yet to see for herself in the shop before.

Cherry had picked up a job at Shuga's street corner cafe through a recommendation from her friend Tayce, as she was seeking a little extra income and something to keep her busy between her psychology and nursing courses throughout the week.  It took her first week on the job to realize she was an absolutely foul barista, prone to producing more incorrect coffee drinks than most as there were too many specific aspects to each beverage for her to be able to remember easily.  Baking goods for the cafe's desert case was much more up to her speed, and she enjoyed just how personally therapeutic it was in how routine it was.  Playing around with flavor distinctions, the precise aspects of measuring ingredients that came to her like second nature by this point, piping delicate designs onto various special order cakes or even just holiday cookies for the display stands, it was a nice contrast to how mentally draining her college career could be, focusing on the ins and outs of upsetting mental illness and forms of behavioral therapy services and such.

Playfully cutting her eyes over to the taller girl, Cherry picked up the small whisk to resume her hand-mixing, the gentle scent of vanilla soothing her senses. The petite woman retorted, a false expression of unfamiliarity spread across her features," I have no clue as to what you're discussing."

Snickering, the barista shook her head, clearly not falling into her coworker's facade. "Well aren't you posh all of a sudden, Miss Valentine. What I'm discussing, is how you've been staring over at blondie for what feels like an eternity and half, and have yet to even attempt asking to bus her table so you can flirt," Tia teased, nodding towards the table in mention.

Brown irises widening, Cherry turned over to Tia in disbelief, seeing the latter smirking in her direction. "Dear God, Tia. Have you left all your common sense back in the storage room?" She paused to push a curly tendril of dark hair that had escaped her scrunchie back behind her ear. "I'm not going to go flirt with some random stranger! Besides, I'm sure that the brunette sitting across from her is her partner. They seem rather keen on one another's company."

Earlier, as Cherry had been cracking eggs into an industrial mixing bowl, a curvaceous blonde had bounced into the establishment. She served as a ray of pastel joy in her line of sight as she sat at an unoccupied bistro table, wearing a lilac colored sweater overtop a white turtleneck undershirt.  She had a kind smile, one that made Cherry wish that it had been directed towards her, instead of a rather loud brunette woman who entered soon after the unknown stranger who had captured the baker's longing eye, watching as the pair embraced one another excitedly from across the room.