Chapter One

"Ee-lem Ah-kiss-ler?"

Eylem sighed and raised my hand, "Here."

"Am I saying that right?"

Eylem shook her head, "It's pronounced Eye-Lim."

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm used to it."

After the first day of school was over and she had every teacher make the same mistake as her Chemistry teacher, she was finally ready to go home. She was tapped on the shoulder so she turned around, meeting a pair of blue eyes.

"Eylem, right?"

She smiled, "Yeah. H-How did you know?"

He smiled back, a smile to die for, "Just couldn't forget that smile. Vince by the way. Well, Vincent Abrugiato. But I go by Vince."

"You are a babbling goon."

He looked down as she smiled again, "But lucky for you, so am I."

They walked out of the school together, "So, maybe we could walk home together?"

Eylem shook her head, "Sorry, I have to pick up my little sisters from school."

She rolled her eyes and he chuckled, "Well, see you around then?"

She smiled, "Sure."

They both walked to the end of the sidewalk, before Eylem turned to go to the elementary school.

---

He waited for her little sisters, impatiently. She had to stand there for an hour, because that's when they got done. She heard all walkers and car riders being dismissed. She walked to the front of the school and up to the security guard. She showed them the two cards for her little sisters.

"Seyma and Ayläh, lets go."

The two girls walked up to the front of the building and met their older sister.

"How was school?"

"I had fun!" Ayläh said, a smile forming on her face.

Eylem picked her up, "You did?"

She smiled, hugging her sister's neck.

Eylem patted her nine year old sister's head, "How 'bout you, Sey? How was your day?"

"I. Hate. Fourth. Grade. Everybody called me Say-Mah. Even when I told them its Shay-Ma."

Eylem pulled Seyma into a side hug, "Don't sweat it, Sey. They're just being stupid."

Eylem walked home with her little sisters and unlocked the door.

"Make any friends?"

"I did! His name is Leo. I think. I called him Leo at least."

"Well, I made a friend too. His name is Vincent and he's so sweet and funny and- wow I need to calm down we said like ten words."

Seyma pat my shoulder, "Lee has a crush!"