chapter 4

I walk into my room and close the door behind me. I flop down on my bed and look at the celing. Michael had put thoes glow-in -the-dark stars on it.

I decide to hurry and get dressed because I'm starving. I walk into the closet and pull out a black dress, it falls off my shoulders and my collar bones jutt out from it.

The dress comes up mid-thigh on me, although I would guess that it would come up higher on most girls, but since I'm short, it works.

I grab a pair of black, sparkly heels. With them on, I'm a good 3 inches taller.

I walk into the bathroom and start working on my hair and makeup.

I stare into the mirror at myself. I am a trainwreck... what does he even see in me? My scars take over my face. I was in a car accident when I was little, and my lips and cheaks were ripped apart. They had to sew it all back together.

I look like a circus freak.

I look down at my dress, thankful that atleast something I own is beautiful. I look more closely at my chest, and see faint bite marks. They're in the shape of what I think is a heart. The marks are beginning to turn really red, so I cover them in conceler.

There's a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I ask. Michael replies and comes in. He looks at me for a second, puzzled. "Whats wrong?" I ask. "I thought I left a... never mind," he moves closer and keeps staring.

"A heart?" "Yea, I guess not." "You did. Makeup is a life saver, you know," I say. He laughs and hugs me from behind as I finish putting on ruby red lipstick, it makes me look even paler than I am.

"You don't need that, you're beautiful just the way you are," he says. I laugh and pick up my bag, "what ever."

"Come on, lets go," I say. And we walk to the car. When he starts the car the radio comes on and 'Good Girls' is blasting through the speakers. "Oh God," he says and reaches for the dial. "NO, this is my favorite," I say. "I don't want to listen to myself," he says. "Well I want to listen to you and the guys, so deal with it," I say.

"Fine," he says and as he starts to back up, I take his free hand. I sing the lyrics as loud as I possibly can. He looks over at me and smiles. I blush.

"We've been dating for three years, and you still blush when I look at you. I love it!" he yells. "We're in the car, you don't have to yell," I say. I love him, but God he's anoying sometimes.

"So where are we going," I ask. "You'll see," he replies and he keeps driving.

We stop infront of an open field. There's a picnic blanket, basket, and a pile of flowers all sitting out nice and neat. "What is this?" I ask. "I did this earlier today, do you like it?" he asks.

"I don't like it, I love it!" I say and hug him. "I knew you would." We stand there for a second, with my head on his shoulder, him rubbing my back.

His stomach growls again.

"Lets eat, I'm starving," he says and takes my hand, leading me to the picnic. He opens the basket and I help pull everything out of it.

"It's really cold out here," I say, and before I can finish my sentence, his jacket is around me and his arms are wrapped around my shoulders.

We talk about our lives for a while, until we reach a heated point. Why didn't he tell me sooner?

Michael has to go on tour with the guys again...