-3-

I sat up and took off my headphones, hearing a huge explosion. "Loki," I took a deep breath, throwing the device down, before sprinting out of my room and towards his cell. When I got there, my heart skipped a beat. Coulson was slumped over on the floor, a hole in his chest, and Thor stood where Loki once had, said trickster now at the control panel.

"Loki!" My shout gained his attention, I felt it in his mind, but he didn't look my way. Instead, he lifted up the button cover, preparing to rid of his brother. Thor gave me a look of hope, but I couldn't, I had made a deal, and I never went back on my word. "I'm sorry." It was a silent message, audible only to the trapped god, his eyes almost forgiving as he dropped. Then Loki's eyes finally rested upon my form, "you kept your word."

"And I will continue to do so, you may leave, but I will not stop them from chasing you."

"I had a feeling you'd say that, which is why you're coming."

"No."

"How about this? I take away your choice." He flicked his wrist, and chains wrapped around my body, constricting like a snake until my breath ran shallow. "Loki, please." It was a whisper, the pain worsening at the attempt.

"Make me stop. If you really want to stay, then fight it, break the chains." He stepped back, watching, waiting to see what I would do.

"I..." I couldn't speak, and then I felt the energy rising, a last cry for my mind to let go, and then it released. The chains broke, and I walked over to Loki, hands alight in a grey mist. "I'll kill you."

"Oh, I know you could. Go ahead, show them who you truly are." I paused, eyes following his to the camera, before letting go. "As I thought, now, I suggest you come with me before they cage you too." That was it. I'd fallen straight into his trap, I'd been caught with powers, and letting him go, Fury would have my head. "You're an asshole."

"I prefer the term, charming." He responded, "follow me."

I did, knowing that he was my only way out now, I refused to be locked up and experimented on, as I knew I would be at SHIELD. I may have revealed my heritage to Fury, but not the true extent of my power. We took off, and then I heard a loud roar, "Bruce" I whispered as I looked out the window and saw the hulk fall taking down a SHIELD agent with him. I let out a sigh, and Loki looked across at me, "what?"

"Why help me?" I asked, "you could've left me there to a date worse than death, yet you didn't. Why?" I met his eyes, daring him to admit he wasn't the monster everyone knew, but of course he wouldn't.

"You know too much," Loki spoke. I looked back at him.

"I thought you kill people that know too much, why am I alive if I know too much?" I asked.

"I couldn't kill you even if I tried, you're too strong."

"Your sceptre, it contains the mind stone, doesn't it?"

"Can you hear it? It calls to you, doesn't it? To follow it's will, to make you stronger than you've ever been."

"I feel it, my power surges in it's presence."

"Let it."

"No."

"Give in, I assure you, it will change your life."

"I don't want to change."

"You don't have a choice."

That's when he reached forwards, pressing the weapon to my chest, and I felt it surge through me, my mind opening up memories I didn't know I had. "Give in to the darkness, let it consume you." Loki's voice entered and I let go, my life flashing before my eyes. Outcast. Hurt. Betrayal. Loss. Every thought I'd ever had, until it stopped. I was in a frozen land, "jotunheim," I let out the whisper, before seeing two figures in the distance. I watched as the smaller of the two placed a small bundle down onto the ice, followed by a cry. "Hey!" I ran towards them, but they were already leaving. "Hey! What are you doing? You can't..." it was too late, and I turned, peering into the crying bundle. My heart stopped. The eyes, they were my own, this was me....