In the beginning

It was the middle of the night in London England and Daniel James Howell was fast asleep in the flat he shared with Philip Michael Lester. They had lived together for 5 years and yet each time Phil had an episode it still scared the crap out of Dan.

When Phil was 6 years old he was diagnosed with schizophrenia when his parents took him to see a doctor after he destroyed everything in his bedroom and claimed "Luci" had told him to do it.

As Phil became older it became harder and harder for his parents to cope with his so called "friend." No therapist seemed to be able to help Phil, and by age 17 Phil had grown to care for "Luci" and was completely under his influence. His parent, try they might, came to the conclusion that they could do nothing to help him and even if they could, Phil didn't want the help. As he grew, Phil became emotionless and drifted from his family and anyone who loved him. And as there was nothing he or anyone else could do, his parents did what they thought was bestsd. They isolated him. They sent him to live in a flat by himself and would pay his rent for him.

Phil didn't understand why his parents would isolate him like that. But Luci helped him understand. As the voice in his head Luci told him that the only reason they would do this to him was because they hate him. They hate him because of Luci. They hate him because he's different. They hate him because he can't love them. They hate him because he hates them. Phil understood. He moved into his flat per Luci's command. He cut contact with anyone that he knew. He told his parents to never ever come near him again. Why would they want to anyway? Phil knew what he was. The only thing that helped him get thorugh each day without killing himself was Luci.

In his flat Phil had even set up a chair for Luci to set in when they had their evening talks with each other. To Phil, Luci had blonde hair that was in a quiff, burly body, green jacket, and a smooth voice. Luci kept telling Phil to forget everything. But Phil couldn't. Everyday the hallucinations got worse. At first they were monsters. Then they were his parents telling him that he wasn't good enough and he shouldn't have been born. Phil hated himself for the way he was. He never understood why he was the way he was. But he would grow. And as he grew his sickness would get worse and worse unitl he shut himself out completely from the world. Any light that came his way was turned off. Phil had convinced himself that if the world didn't want him, he didn't want the world.