Chapter seventeen

When they ran into RiverClan territory they were immediately stopped by Sharktooth and his patrol.

They were glaring at Riverpaw and Kelp.

"What are you doing with a rogue, Riverpaw? He could have killed you." Sharktooth meowed, lifting his tail before Riverpaw could explain.

"I don't want to hear it. You're putting the clan in danger. Now why have you brought him here?"

"If you would let me explain before interrupting me...I know you hate the rogues for some odd reason, but this is urgent." Riverpaw pleaded to the bulky tom.

Sharktooth glared at Kelp, tail twitching slightly as he watched the brown-and-Orange tom.

Kelp turned his glance elsewhere, clearly uncomfortable.

"What's so urgent? Why must you bring this flea-pelt here?!" Growled Marigoldpaw. "I was about to do my warriors assessment! And you interrupted it with your rogue talk and measly little quest. Whatever it is can wait until I'm done with my assessment." She growled.

This wasn't an actual patrol it was Sharktooth, Marigoldpaw, Melonpaw, and Shrewjaw.

Shrewjaw wasn't glaring at Riverpaw and Kelp, but he still wasn't happy.

"Now, now, Marigoldpaw. The two have been running all the way here. Might as well hear them out." Shrewjaw softly meowed, his sandy ears twitching towards the two.

"I suppose we should listen to the apprentice and the...mangy rogue. They have come a ways. Though, RiverClan doesn't appreciate rogues crossing over into our territory." Shrewjaw meowed with amusement on his face.

What he found amusing was beyond Riverpaw's comprehension.

"Very well. Riverpaw bring that rogue with us, and we will go to Lilystar about this." Sharktooth meowed sternly.

What?!

Riverpaw's claws curled a bit.

He didn't want to go to Lilystar about this. He just wanted to go straight to the medicine cat about this.

"No! You don't understand. One of Kelp's rogue friends is injured. We need help from Sapwhisker right away!" Riverpaw yowled.

"Marigoldpaw, go back to the camp. We will have your warriors assessment tomorrow." Sharktooth orders, turning his harsh green gaze on her.

The younger she-cat gulped before walking back to camp with annoyance, her ears and tail twitching.

"Mouse-brained tom." She grumbles underneath her breath.

"You too, Melonpaw." Shrewjaw meowed.

Marigoldpaw's sister didn't complain, nor waited long in order to run back.

Riverpaw was concerned she would slip because she was so eager to get back.

Riverpaw was also itching to get back to the camp. Urgency in his gaze.

"Fine, but these rogues better not try something." Sharktooth growled, prowling closer to Kelp.

"Oh please, like we would want to attack the ones helping us. At least one clan is willing to assist us when we need it." Kelp mewed sarcastically.

"What do you mean?" Shrewjaw wonders.

They start off towards camp, paws kicking up some mud and grass as they were running.

"So is RiverClan going to help our hurt leader? She could get sick and die." Kelp questions.

Sharktooth turned his head.