~27~

Chresanto

    "What the hell? what do you mean she fell?" I was on the phone with Jacob, in the ER, telling what happened. I knew something odd was up with Avalon. I waited for a doctor to come and tell me what's wrong while I talked to Jacob.

"I asked her if she was ok and she just collapsed." Jacob sighed. "She's probably faking it."

"Jacob, now is not the time to be immature." I huffed.

"Who's being immature? she need to get it through her head that you guys are family, nothing more." 

"Are you here for MS. August?" a guy asked me, I told Jacob I'd call him back and put my attention on the man. "Yes, she's my sister. what's wrong with her, Doc?"

"We did an X-ray on her and turns out she has a  a malignant tumor arising from the lining of her stomach, which would be stomach cancer.  Does your family have a history?" I thought about it.

"No, no one has it or had it." he nodded. 

"So what can I do or have to do about this?" I asked.

"For now, she'll have to stay here and test what stage she's in, it a good thing you sa this early rather then late...may save her life." Life? you mean she could....? No.

I sighed and looked at a sleeping...almost lifeless Avalon. I kissed her forehead and left the hospital, taking one last look of her. I went back home to be greeted by Jacob's...complaining.

"Jacob, please."

"You said you'd call." he sighed.

"I know, I'm sorry...the doctor says that's she'll need to stay over  night."

"What happened, dad?" Arianna asked. I don't really wanna bring the kids into it, but, they do need to know. "Kids, Aunt Avalon's in the hospital. She has....stomach cancer."

"Oh my god, will she be ok?" she asked. I sighed. I didn't even know, only thing we could do now is prey for her. 

"No....this can't be happening..." Hayden groaned.

"....So she really is sick?" Jacob asked. I looked up at him. His face had a look of guilt. I sighed and hugged him. "I know you mean well baby, Avalon wasn't trying anything. I love you Jacob, and only you. I'm not going anywhere." he smiled and kissed me.

"Ew." we turned around and saw that the kids were still here." 

"How you think you all got here?" the kids were grossed out and went to their rooms which left me and Jacob in the kitchen. I sighed.