XVII. Heartbreak

JJ and Emily were on the couch when they heard shouting from the front yard. "YOU CHEATED!"

"I KNOW!"

"GO!"

"Can we just talk about this please?!"

"I need you to go!"

"No!"

"Please!"

"No!

"Yes!"

"I am not leaving!"

"Logan go!"

JJ and Emily had had enough; they quickly walked outside just as Grace went to walk away and Logan grabbed her hard. Grace's eyes reflected all kinds of pain. JJ charged forward fire in her eyes "Let her go."

Logan had never seen something so terrifying. JJ looked like she could rip him apart limb from limb. He let her go. JJ didn't take her eyes off of Logan saying "Grace go inside."

Grace nodded walking past both her mothers. Logan swallowed a basketball lump when JJ took a step forward coming face to face with the burning blaze of her angry eyes. She said, "If you ever touch her again I will shoot it off."

Logan nodded saying meekly "I'm sorry."

JJ growled, "You will be."

Logan nodded before turning around quickly leaving. JJ walked up to Emily "I need to go shoot something."

Emily nodded saying "Take her with you."

JJ walked into the house catching eyes with her daughter. The same wildfire burning. JJ threw Grace her jacket "Come with me."

When they pulled up to the range JJ went to the back pulling out two cases. Graces and her personal 9mm, 40 caliber, semi-automatic handguns. They made their way to the booths. JJ handed Grace her eyewear. They stood side-by-side. JJ and Grace leaned back nodding at one another before firing. The two had mirrored stances and expressions as they fired their weapons. Once they had emptied their sleeves they both push a button with their targets coming towards them. They examined their targets before going to pack their weapons away. As they were packing up JJ turned to her daughter concern in her eyes "Do you want to talk about it?"

Grace said a quick and stern "No." Before walking to the car.

When they got to the car Grace was surprised to see Emily leaning against the side. JJ knew her daughter was still fuming and it was time for Emily to try. Emily gazed at her wife as JJ walked up taking the case from Grace's hand. Emily said, "Come with me."

Grace walked to Emily's car sitting in the passenger seat eyes forward. Emily pulled into the Quantico. Grace did not question her as Emily led her into the sparring room. Emily wrapped her own hands and wrist before moving on to do her daughters. Emily and Grace stood in the center of the mat circling one another like animals on the prowl. Emily was the first to lunge. Grace was quick on her feet quickly dodging her mother.

Three hours later Emily and Grace exhaustingly sat on the mat sweaty and panting. Emily looked at her daughter with sad eyes "You need to cry."

Grace looked at her mother bewildered "Cry?"

"This was your first boyfriend. You dated for almost a year. You need to cry, lay on the couch, eat ice cream and let it all out."

Grace looked over at her mother with sad eyes "What if I'm too mad to cry?"

"Then you scream," Emily said truthfully.

Grace nodded. Emily stood pulling her daughter up with her. The two unwrapped their hands going to put on their shoes heading to the car. As they made their way home the two were along a more private road when Grace looked over at her Mama "Stop the car!"

Emily slowed the car pulling over onto the gravel shoulder. Emily watched concerned as her daughter walked out of the car. Looking out at the woods. Emily watched as her daughter tilted her head up her daughter's eyes had a fire behind them as she let out an agonizing scream. Her veins popped off her neck and her muscles contracted. Emily just sat in the car texting JJ. She's screaming. Get the ice cream and movies. JJ quickly responded with a Moms got this. Emily smiled typing back Mamas got her. Grace slowly walked back and climbed into the car. "Can we go home?"

Emily grabbed her daughter's hand "Of course baby bird."

Emily and Grace walked slowly into the house. The moment Grace saw her Mom sitting on the couch the tears started coming down slow and steadily. JJ frowned her arms open saying "Come here, baby."

Grace curled into her Mom's arms as the crocodile tears rolled down her cheeks. Emily came and sat beside the two rubbing her back. Grace choked out a "He cheated."

JJ said, "Shhh shh baby."

"Stupid Ashley. I-I caught them in the equipment storage room."

JJ and Emily looked at one another concerned. "I knew he wanted sex but I told him I wasn't ready. That I was too young. I thought he was okay with it but I guess not."

Emily took Grace's head into her hands. "You listen to me, my perfect little Gracie girl. That boy does not deserve you. Do you hear me? You are so much better than him."

Grace nodded sadly JJ said, "How about we watch some FRIENDS and eat some ice cream."

Grace smiled lightly "Perfect."

Just then Dean busted through the door Declan on his heels "I'll kill him! I swear to God I'll kill him!"

Emily shot the boys a look quickly telling them to shut up. Grace stood up hugging Declan close. JJ asked, "What are you boys doing here?"

Declan said, "My man Dean here called me and we went and did a thing."

"What kind of thing?" JJ asked skeptically

Declan leaned down kissing JJ then his sister's forehead "Nothing you need to concern yourself with just know Logan will not be showing face anytime soon."

Declan held up two grocery bags. I brought all the MCU movies and a lot of ice cream. JJ and Emily sat on the couch while the three kids sat on the floor in front of them. That night after hours of MCU watching JJ and Emily had to climb over the couch to not disturb the three sleeping kids. JJ grabbed a large blanket covering all three. She took a picture. Grace was in the middle Declan had his arms protectively around her. Emily kissed JJs cheek. "It was a big day."

"That it was."

"I am so proud of her."

"Me too."

Emily smiled wide "All the boys she will ever need are right there."

"Absolutely!"

"Let's get some sleep, my love."