XXX. Run

A/N: ⚠️Sexual Assult,  Rape⚠️

It had been two and a half months since the incident. Grace was now back at school and the parents were now back at work however when they traveled JJ would stay in D.C. quarterbacking from home. They were sure Grace would be okay for those few nights a week but JJ couldn't bring herself to go, not yet anyway, she was forever grateful for her wife's patience and understanding always standing as her wife's pillar of strength. Grace still suffered from panic attacks but through her family and therapy, she was improving.

Grace was running down her street. Heart pounding, feet slapping against the asphalt, her music was blaring in her AirPods. She felt a presence come up behind her and picked up the pace. The presence pushed on until they matched pace with Grace. Grace looked over to see JJ. She took one Air\od out handing it to JJ as they kept running. JJ smiled at the song that was playing Blackbird. They kept running and JJ leaned over-breathing out "How long have you been out here?"

"Not long. What time is it?"

"8."

"Oh okay."

"How long have you been out here Roselyn Grace."

"A few hours."

"Give me a number babe."

"About three hours. I guess I just lost track of time. Running helps me clear my mind."

"I guess you get that from me."

Grace smiled lightly. "From what I hear that is not all I got."

"Oh no."

The two continued to run down the path. Grace took a turn JJ wasn't used to and JJ asked "Where we headed sweet girl?"

"You are going to want to see this Mom."

JJ and Grace ran through the park right outside their neighborhood. JJ had never gone down the path they did. They went to the back of the park where there were several Buddleja and hundreds of butterflies. JJ looked around in wonder. How had she never been there? Grace sat down in the soft grass. JJ followed suit sitting beside her. JJ had her legs pulled up while Grace was cross-legged. JJ looked over at her daughter. Such a mirror image terrified her. "How are you doing? Really?"

Grace looked over at her "I'm not passing out when I hear in on the news anymore if that's what you are asking."

JJ said, "Oh don't remind me."

6 weeks ago

JJ and Emily were making dinner while Grace was asleep on the couch. "On the night in question my client Mike Low was having what be believed to be consensual sex with one Grace Jaueru-Prentiss." JJ and Emily instantly stopped. Emily reached for her phone while JJ debated what to do. "The young lady while heavily intoxicated came onto my client. In the middle, the young lady's boyfriend came in. The girl too scared to face the consequences cried rape." It wasn't until she heard the TV break that she walked into the living room just as Grace collapsed to the floor in a loud thud. She exclaimed a panicked "Grace!" before rushing to her daughter's side. JJ yelled, "Emily get your ass in here!"

Emily came in quickly her phone to her ear to see her wife kneeled beside her daughter. Emily quickly said "I have to go. Fix this!"

She walked over to her wife, reaching down she felt for a pulse. Relieved when she felt the rhythmic beating against her fingertips. "Help me move her to the couch."

JJ got her daughter's legs while Emily supported her top. JJ sat at her daughter's feet while Emily walked back into the kitchen grabbing a cool cloth to put on Grace's forehead. When she had returned JJ was up by Grace's head trying to coax her back into reality. Grace's eyes slowly opened. She looked around confused when her eyes fell upon the broken TV her eyes widened.