1.6

1.6; learning new things.

♡ leila anderson. ♡

Here I was, spending my Sunday afternoon in a fast food restaurant, seated in a booth with Matthew across from me, the both of us not saying anything or even looking at each other, but instead, sipping the drinks we ordered and looking some place else. Things were like that for a while, until I finally spoke up to cut the awkward silence. 

"Are you going to tell me now, or what?" I asked in a harsh tone, turning to look at Matthew and setting my nearly empty cup on the table. Matthew turned to look at me, too, and he did the same: he set his drink down on the table, rolling his eyes at the process. 

"Tell you what, Leila?" he questioned me with an eyebrow raised, smirking because he knew it would really piss me off - and boy, it actually did piss me of a lot. This boy just wants to test me and mock me, and he wanted me to lose my patience - but he doesn't know that I already lost my patience with him from the very beginning. 

"You know what! The thing about Seth!" I exclaimed, my volume rising just a tiny bit, causing the people beside our booth, who were seated at a table, to take a glimpse at Matthew and I. I quickly lowered my volume, though, after realizing that I was a bit too impatient and needed to calm down. Plus, Matthew's scowl placed on me told me to shut up. 

"Okay, okay, just shut the hell up!" Matthew growled at me, irked, and I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and leaning back on the cushion that booths always have. 

"Speak." 

Matthew gave me a grim warning look, mentally telling me to shut up and to not demand him anything. He took a dramatic and time-wasting breath before starting. "Seth and I had this history together, I guess you could say...about three years ago? Two years? I don't know," he said and shook his head, not bothering to think too much about when this negative 'history' of them commenced. "I was dating this girl named Carla-"

This caught my attention and my eyes widened in shock and surprise, and I leaned in more, showing that I was now very interested. Of course, I had to cut Matthew off and confront him about it. "Hold on, wait a minute...you, Matthew Espinosa, had a girlfriend?" I asked and laughed, amused. 

I didn't know Matthew had a girlfriend before. I always thought Matthew was this heartless ass who didn't care for anyone and didn't do relationships - I guess I was wrong. 

"Nah, she thought we were dating - I was just waiting until we hooked up because, goddamn...she looked so hot in a bikini." Matthew added and chortled after, and I scowled at him in pure disgust. 

Never mind, Matthew is a heartless ass who doesn't care for anyone - and he definitely does not do relationships. 

"But anyways," he continued. "Seth and I used to be buddies; we used to go out to parties and I went to him whenever my parents were being annoying, and he did the same with me. Long story short, I went over to Seth's house and I heard moaning. I barged into his bedroom out of curiosity and I caught him and Carla fucking. Seth didn't apologize to me - we just immediately became enemies." 

"And Carla?" 

"Eh, she's out of my life now," he shrugged carelessly. "But she was really annoying, with he sobs and pleads, when I broke it off with her - obviously, because no way would I want to even touch her because Seth did."

"But why would you even care if you never even loved Carla?" I questioned him, and it pains me to be even asking that question. I feel terrible for her. She probably loved Matthew like a girlfriend would, but just gave into the temptation of hooking up with Seth - but Matthew never loved her in the first place. 

"Oh, I don't care. It's just the thought that someone, who you thought was your friend, hooking up with your 'girlfriend' before you did, you know?" I nodded slowly, like I got it, frowning. 

"So...you wouldn't like it if I, you know, dated Seth?" I tentatively asked Matthew. All he did was stare at me, blinking a couple of times. At first he just did that, and I was becoming more uncomfortable - but then he laughed, a smirk on his lips. 

"Do whatever the hell you want with Seth. I don't care," he told me and picked up his drink, sipping on it just a little. "Because honestly, you mean nothing to me to even give a damn."

Well...that kinda hurt. 

☆.。.:*☆

awe poor leila. matthew is a douche.

vote, comment, & follow.

thanks for reading, beauties. (✿◠‿◠) 

xo, laura.