The dance

Wilburs Pov

I put on a button up white shirt while everyone runs around. My mom gave me that outfit with black pants with a white button up t-shirt,and those weird pants with the straps that go over the shoulders,and of course a red bow tie to top it off. It isn't the worst outfit,just a bit uncomfortable. "Hey Wilbur! Like my tie?" Ben walks over to me wearing a tie that looks like a 100 dollar bill. "Yeah,it's cool." I say, "you gonna ask anyone to dance?" He asks. "I don't know,maybe." I mutter,looking away. " let me guess, (Y/n)? I always got a feeling you liked her." "No!" I say,feeling my face go red. "Sure." He says,walking away. I walk into the crowded bathroom,check my hair,and hear a yell. "It's time to go!" A male counselor yells. Ok Wilbur,it's just a dumb dance. Maybe I can ask (y/n) to dance,I just need to be chill about it. I do finder guns in the mirror and walk off. All of the boys and I walk  over to the gymnasium (a/n check the map if u don't remember) most look nervous,probably scared to ask someone. Others look annoyed that we need to go to a dance. We all walk into the gymnasium and I see the girls are already there,I try to look through the crowd to find (y/n) but I don't see her. Maybe she's at at the back of the gymnasium. Everyone starts to walk around and talk,some chill at the back,some dance,some are eating at a table. I walk around trying to find anyone I know to talk to,but mostly (y/n). After seven minutes of walking around I still can't seem to find (y/n) so I walk over to the table with snacks. I grab some chips and looks around,the table full of snacks is at the back of the room so I look at all of the kids leaning on the wall and talking. I look over to the corner and I see (y/n). (y/n) looks so pretty,like,really really pretty. I freeze and just kinda stand there and stare for a second. She turns her head,looks at me,and waves. "Hey Wilbur!" She yells over the music. I smile, "Hey!" I smile,walking over. "How you guys doing?" "Pretty good,you?" (Y/n) smiles. "Same." Maggie turns her head. "I think I hear Avery calling my name got to go!" Maggie winks at (y/n) and runs away. "What do you think of the dance?" (Y/n) asks. "I think it's pretty cool,how about you?" "Same,but I think the slow dance is a little awkward." Wait- slow dance? Maybe I could ask her later! I stay silent for a bit until I hear someone call my name. "Hey Wilbur come hangout!" Ben yells. "Uh,got to go,but how about we meet each other back here at 8:00." "Ok!" (Y/n) yells as I run over to Ben.