EPILOGUE.

kth pov

"i had another one of those crazy nightmares last night," taehyung remarked. his shoulders incessantly shuddered at the sensation of the chilled air.

the rhythmic passing of the cars on the street cracked through taehyung's ears as the room remained in blatant silence. his therapist sat down in the armchair near the sunniest window before responding to the blonde.

"and how do you feel about that?"

"that's the problem," the blonde remarked. "i don't really know what to feel. these anti-depressants my psychiatrist prescribed has numbed me of so many emotions."

the therapist tapped her black pen against the miniature desk to her left. she grew intrigued in analyzing taehyung's sincere emotions, but failed at collecting any information.

minutes after her analysis, the therapist finally arrived to a solution.

"wait, could you explain everything that happened again?" she inquired in hopes of witnessing taehyung persevere through his emotionless shield.

"my ex-boyfriend cheated on me with my ex-best friend at a party," the blonde shrugged. "there's not much to it."

before the therapist could exchange a statement back, taehyung continued.

"you know, i can't bring myself to forget how fucking humiliating that moment was," the blonde reflected. "it's hard to explain, but the evil and twisted expression on jihyo's face once i caught them has been permanently engraved in my mind. it practically told me that she had been scheming for that event to happen for quite a while."

the therapist hummed. there it is.

"and jihyo was your best friend at the time?"

"yeah, supposedly. oh, and to make matters worse, i never found out her true intentions behind having sex with jungkook before she ran off to vietnam."

taehyung reclined back on the comforted seat before locking eyes with his therapist. he felt as though everything he mentioned was rendered useless because the damage had already been carried out. the blonde was cheated on by someone he presumed was his soulmate, and the action mislaid a permanent stain on his character. that was all.

"and it's insane because things only got worse after that happened," he continued. "it was confirmed that my old friend, namjoon, cheated on his ex-boyfriend, seokjin, with jimin. i honestly had my suspicions about them beforehand because i thought i caught them kissing, but i guess i was in denial. after those news surfaced, i never spoke to them again."

"oh, really?" the therapist inquired.

taehyung nodded. "and it sounds so fucking selfish for me to cut them off considering the fact that the situation had nothing to do with me, but it hit so close to home because the same exact thing happened to me no more than a few weeks afterward. it felt so personal."

the blonde's level of tiredness could equate to insanity, but the situation always managed to creep aside him. he dealt with constant waves of sorrow for over six months straight, but it was soon followed with levels of exhaustion and numbness subdued.

in essence of taehyung's series of statements, his therapist eventually spoke up.

"you're not selfish for cutting them off at all. it makes sense, actually," she stated. "if you feel uncomfortable with certain people due to their actions, you're more than obligated to distance yourself. it doesn't matter whether or not you were personally involved, they must deal with the consequences of their actions."