chapter two

"blessed are the hearts that can bend;                      they shall never be broken

they shall never be broken."

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
March, 2015

Y/N smiled walking into the tower, she had gone on a business trip with Pepper as they registered her into the government, since she was almost 18, she didn't understand it much, but trusted Peppers judgement.

Y/N had seen all the news about Ultron, Tony immediately got Pepper to take her on a trip with her, as Y/N had already gotten attacked by Ultron, and it didnt need to happen again, it sent her spiraling as she was worried sick about her family, As she walked to the elevator of the new avengers tower, she noticed the tower almost looked, remodeled, glass doors were replaced with heavier ones, and things like tables were bolted to the ground .

She shrugged as she pressed the 4th floor button, damn near ready to fall asleep, but she had to unpack and shower first.

Leaning against the wall of the elevator, she jumped when it dinged, signaling she was on the floor she needed to be on.

she walked into her room and began unpacking, the idea of taking a shower sounds very appealing, her body aching from the walking and waiting in line.

She sighed, finishing laundry just to get a text from Tony to go see him.

groaning as she walked into the meeting room, she sat down with Tony, and a girl sitting in the room next to it.

"Tony whos that?" she asked, subtly pointing to the room next door.

"Her? thats Wanda, shes the reason i called you down."

"What about her?"

"Shes a new Avenger, her room is across from yours, i need you to show her around, and welcome her, dont tell her you know this, but her brother just died, try and go easy on her, she has similar powers to you."

She nodded, feeling flustered at how pretty the witch was.

She walked into the room next door, Wanda sitting straighter when she saw her.

"Hi! im Y/N, Wanda, right?" she asked, sitting across from her.

Wanda relaxed knowing Y/N wasnt scared of her.

"Y-Yes, Wanda Maximoff." Y/N blushed at her beautiful accent.

"Wow its so nice to finally meet you!" Y/N smiled. small flowers blooming in her hair.

"Whats that-?" Wanda asked, pointing to Y/N's head.

"Oh," Y/N smiled, grabbing the small flowers from her hair. "Im enhanced, one of my powers is plant manipulation."

"W-Wow, thats really cool, what other powers do you have?"

"Just the plant manipulation and telekinesis."

Wandas jaw dropped. "I have telekinesis too!" she said, a slight smile creeping on her face, happy to have someone to relate too.

"What else do you have?" Y/N asked, her smile almost reacher her ears.

"mental manipulation, pyrokensis, telekinesis." she said.

"Wow, it must be nice, here lets walk and talk, im gonna take you to your room." Y/N replied as she stood up.

"O-Oh okay."

the walk was pretty quiet as Y/N brought her up.

"Your eyes are pretty." Wanda blurted out. Y/N turned to her. "Really?" Wanda nodded. "Thanks, ill tell you why their completely white once i get more comfortable with it, ive considered contacts because the media are awful about my looks." Y/N said frowning.

Wanda flared up, how could people be so rude to someone so nice? "dont get contacts! your eyes are pretty."

Y/N smiled, blushing at the compliment

"Heres your room, its pretty bare, but we wanted to let you decorate it." Wanda smiled at the room.

"Now i would love to hang out more, but im gonna shower and go to bed, but im right across from you," she said, pointing to her bedroom. "So don't hesitate to get me if somethings wrong."

Wanda smiled at the sincerity in her voice as she retreated to her room.

Plopping on her bed, Wanda took out her phone, scrolling mindlessly as she thought of the interaction she had with her.

She smiled at the genuine sincerity Y/N had, she may or may not have looked inside her head, most were thoughts on how pretty Wanda was, or how cool she thought she was, not one thought was of her being scared of Wanda, and that made her feel more like a normal person, and less like a monster.