(Chapter 3)

August 2nd. Marks POV

I sat outside for a few more minutes. Collecting my thoughts, making sure, one hundred percent sure. That this isn't a dream. I just contemplated.

I stood. My legs felt shaky, my gut telling me to run for it. "This is normal." It wasn't. But maybe verbally saying will change my subconscious from freaking out. "This is a normal day. Did I leave my phone in the house?" I said, remember the fake phone call. I walked toward the door, my hand hesitating on the handle, I swear I could hear my heart beating, almost blocking out the movement behind the door. With one last breath of fresh air, I pulled the screen open, pushed back the door, and pushed back the hesitation and fear and just clear confusion as I stepped back into the house.

I closed the door but kept my eyes ahead of me. I didn't want it getting out. Or me, for that matter. I scanned the kitchen area first, only seeing the now soggy cereal bowl. I then looked over at the living room area and froze. I-he stood behind the couch looking at me with the same expression. I noticed he was holding my phone. I pushed into the door, taking a slow breath before running my hand through my hair, pulling at it slightly.

"Okay, first of all." It was the first thing I've said, wetting my lips before speaking again. "Who the fuck are you?" I said, trying to sound harsher but the lump in my throat stayed where it was. I was slowly building up to saying more. I stared at him, the tension in my body slowly starting to leave, making it somewhat easier to even think of what to say. "Are you some secret twin that I didn't know about?" I swallowed, even as I said it it sounded stupid. We both frowned. "No." He replied. I racked my brain for more questions. "What-what even are you? Are you a-a-a shapeshifter? An alien?" I asked, moving just a bit from the door. He shifted, moving from the back of the couch, I step back to the door in slightly fear of. Something. "Okay, back in the laundry thingy-area." He gestured to the hallway. "I was thinking the same thing. I might have asked the same question if I was...You." He said, pausing, glancing away for just a second. "But you're not. There's only one me." I started to grin. He looked unsure, nibbling on his bottom lip. "Even if-Oh god! The more I talk the more I realize I'm losing my mind!" I said, my grin then flattening. "Am i-" "Look, we can both sit here and talk about how we're dreaming or were crazy or start laughing out of disbelief." He moved again, this time sitting on the couch but not slouching into it. "But let's, sit down." he gestured to the seat across the couch. "And answer some questions..." I didn't move, my legs wouldn't let me. I stared at him, crossing my arms as he waited for me to sit.

Was I afraid of myself? ..No. He didn't seem hostile. He was only wearing a red flannel and a normal pair of black jeans. If he wanted to attack me, or if I wanted to attack myself, I would have done it by now.

"You not sitting down is not helping." He said, "Sorry." I found myself saying rather quickly. I sat down, as he folded his legs and sat a bit more comfortable. Or as comfortable as you would be in someone else's house. I pulled my leg up and stared, I moved again and put my fist up to my lips, my other hand setting on my leg. I sighed, leaning into my chair and setting my arms on the sides. "Okay, first off I'm not your twin, a space being, or a monster of any kind." He paused, probably waiting for a question. When I didn't say anything he continued. "But in a way, I'm not from here, per se." He said with a little shrug, gesturing to the room, or the house.

I opened my mouth, pausing before frowning, trying to think of an answer. It sounded strange, it was strange but it was the only question I could think of. But looking at myself, one that's not in a mirror, one that isn't following my every action, a version of me with blue hair from a year ago sitting on my couch. What I was about to ask didn't seem strange for everything that's currently happening. I was still on edge though.

"Per se? What exactly is that supposed to mean?" I started but did not let him interrupt. "Are you?-" I paused, letting my question sink in before I spit it out. He looked at me with a slightly puzzled expression. "..Are you a time traveler?" I asked. "No. I've never had red hair, and judging by how old you look, you can't be in college-Actually no, are you? How old are you?" I shook my head. "I'm twenty-I'm gonna be twenty-six. And no, I dropped out.." I sighed, leaning forward. "Really? Okay." He said okay slowly, seeming to find the chair more interesting. "What?" I asked, noticing the pause. He seemed to be calculating what to say next as he sat back on the couch. It only took me a few seconds to realize what I said, almost laughing at his reaction. "I choose YouTube over Engineering," I said crossing my arms, trying to make it clearer for. Myself. "I got a lot out of it, really it's fine. I'm guessing you didn't drop out?" I said, "Nope. I finished. I didn't think YouTube would get me anywhere." He said.