Daddy Issues ∞ Texas x Reader

You're woken up by the bed shaking. Texas, jumps awake, he's woken up by a dream he had.

"Babe, what's wrong?" You ask.

But he doesn't answer, instead he curls himself in the blanket and turns the other way.

Confused you try to hold him, but he pushes you away. You hear faint sobbing coming from your fiance.

He turns to you, face full of tears.

You hug him and kiss his forehead, "Babe, it's okay, do you want to talk about it? You don't have to if you don't want to."

He lays silent in your arms for a few seconds before speaking, "My dad, he wasn't the nicest to me. The Alamo, it still terrifies me." He whispers, crying.

"I'm sorry, Tex, I wish I knew how to help." You run your fingers through his hair.

He buries his face in your chest, crying. "Shh, it's okay," You kiss the top of his head.

You wake up the next morning, Texas isn't in bed. You get up, still in your pajamas. You walk into the kitchen to find your fiance cooking eggs.

You walk up to him and wrap you arm around him from behind. He's puts on hand over yours and caresses the top of your hand. You kiss his bare back. Texas moves the pan off of the burner, he turns around in your arm.

He looks down at you and smiles, he leans down at presses his lips to yours. You kiss him back and move you arms around his neck. He grabs the back of your thigh and lifts you up so you're sitting on the counter, whilst making out with you.

After a few more seconds, you smell something burning. Texas pulls away, "Shit, my toast!"

You laugh as your fiance runs to the toaster that's now smoking.

"I put the setting on too high!" He scrambles to get the toast to pop up. He grabs the toast out of the toaster, "Would ya like some charred bread?"

"Not really no," You say.

"Good, 'cause I wasn't gonna give it to ya."

A comfortable silences falls over the room until you speak up, "Are you okay?"

"I just burnt toast I'm not dying." He says while putting more bread in the toast.

"That's not what I'm talking about, Tex."

"Then what are you talking about?"

"You're just gonna forget last night?"

"Yep, that's exactly what I'm gonna do."

"Why?"

"I don't like talking about my feelings."

"Tex, I like to know how you feel." You jump off the counter, "We're getting married in three months. I want you to be able to talk about your feeling with me." You cup his cheek.

He turns his head slightly so that your palm his over his mouth, he kisses the palm of your hand. You put your other hand on the other side of his face. He wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you close to him. Texas rests his forehead against yours, "I love you, sweetheart," He whispers.

"I love you, too, Casanova."