Chapter 53

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

No one expected Rong Bai to jump out and voice his objection at this moment.

Song Ci and Qinyu simultaneously looked at him. 

Qinyu asked, “May I know who you are?” 

Rong Bai looked at Song Ci and said, “It’s a waste of time.”

Song Ci was perplexed as he asked, “Master Rong? Could it be that you have a better way?”

He glanced at Mirror Old Man and answered, “Yes.”

Qinyu and Mirror Old Man were both alarmed by his look. Qinyu said, “No!”

Rong Bai narrowed his eyes. In a blink of an eye, his expression changed completely as the earlier trace of geniality vanished. There was an undercurrent of danger in his tone. “Hmmm?”

Song Ci was stupefied on seeing this. There was a split second he felt the image of the Rong Bai he had seen holding a head earlier superimposed on the figure of the Rong Bai before him. 

“He is merely a fragment of the Kunlun Mirror …” Qinyu’s voice weakened as she cast a piteous look at Song Ci. “Forcibly activating the mirror will hurt him.”

Their exchange mystified Song Ci. Although he did not know what Qinyu meant, he could tell that Rong Bai’s method had put Mirror Old Man and Qinyu on the spot. 

He backhandedly grabbed hold of Rong Bai’s sleeve and tried to persuade him, “Master Rong, about that…”

But Rong Bai said, “The time within the array differs from the outside world. If you delay it further, you will miss the demon gate.”

Song Ci was like no way?! when he heard it. With a grave expression, he said to Mirror Old Man, “This rotten debt is yours. If you want to clear it off, you have to pay the price.” 

By this time, Mirror Old Man was no longer as flustered. He had apparently accepted Rong Bai’s suggestion. He nodded and said to Rong Bai, “Do it.”

Qinyu frowned. Although she did not approve of it, she said nothing to stop them. She silently took a few steps back and stood to one side.

“What exactly is the method you mentioned?” Song Ci asked out of curiosity.

Rong Bai raised his right hand slowly, and white light congregated in his palm. Then, it split into several rays of light and flew over to Mirror Old Man, surrounding him from head to toe. He said indifferently, “This mirror demon is a fragment of the Kunlun Mirror. The Kunlun Mirror knows the past and the future. After activating the mirror, we can connect to time that has elapsed.”

While listening to the explanation, Song Ci watched as Mirror Old Man’s aged face slowly turn into that of a young man, then a youth, a baby, and finally into a mirror fragment that glowed with a golden light.

The white light encircled around the mirror fragment before it made its way, like a mischievous child, into the mirror fragment.

Rong Bai made a fist in the air, and the mirror fragment before him let loose rays of golden light that enveloped the surrounding landscape.

“Whoa, how generous.” Song Ci suddenly heard Wen Changchu’s voice. He turned his head to see Wen Changchu walking over to him. Wen Changchu whispered, “The Kunlun Mirror is a deity artifact. It consumes a lot of energy and power to activate it each time. Your Master Rong isn’t stingy at all.”

Song Ci was used to Wen Changchu saying “your Master Rong”, so he did not give it too much thought. However, Rong Bai heard him and could not help turning his head to look at him.