Chapter 64

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

His shout was quick and urgent. At other times, Song Ci would definitely turn around to flee without a second thought. But this time, it was as if his legs were nailed to the spot. No matter how hard he tried, he could not move.

Feng Zhuojun grabbed his arm and turned to run, but Song Ci stumbled as he was dragged along. Feng Zhuojun looked back doubtfully. “What are you doing?”

“This child…” Song Ci stared at the young youth before him, from his eyebrows to his lips. He looked back and forth many times, shocked beyond measure.

The child looked exactly like his younger cousin brother when he was young, except for those golden eyes.

How was it possible for him to come across his cousin in this place?

“You know him? Feng Zhuojun asked in a hushed tone.

Song Ci nodded his head. “When I was still a human, I had a younger cousin brother named Liang Yanbei. He looks too much like this child. Don’t tell me this child is my cousin’s previous incarnation?”

“What previous incarnation?! That’s the Divine Lord Yan Bei, the legitimate descendant of the Azure Dragon Divine Clan, and also the paternal nephew of the Divine Emperor. It’s not advisable to linger here any longer. I’d advise you to leave as soon as possible.” Feng Zhuojun’s words were clear and simple, but it gave a thorough account of Yan Bei’s identity.

Song Ci was scared stiff by his identity and background. “Then, that cousin of mine…”

“At this point, why are you still thinking about your cousin?!” Feng Zhuojun was flustered and exasperated.

Song Ci was about to speak when he saw the Yan Bei before him taking a step. Murderous intent blazed in his eyes as he back-handedly grasped the blade in his right hand and strode towards song Ci.

He leaped high into the air, aimed the blade at Song Ci’s forehead, and bellowed, “Demon! DIE!”

That childish, baby voice was totally at odds with his murderous look; it diminished his imposing presence by half. Song Ci looked up to watch Yan Bei as the latter yelled and charged. Then he tentatively reached out a hand and caught hold of Yan Bei’s blade-wielding wrist.

Taking advantage of his momentum, he pulled Yan Bei to the side and pinned him against the ground with his right knee pressing down on Yan Bei’s back. Surprised, he asked, “Are you sure he’s a descendant of the Azure Dragon?”

Feng Zhuojun was in a fluster as he smacked Song Ci’s shoulder. “Release him! Quick!”

Song Ci twisted Yan Bei’s arm. The child let out a cry of pain as Song Ci seized his blade. “This blade looks pretty sharp. I’ll keep it as a weapon.”

With that, he removed his right knee that had been pressing down on Yan Bei. Before he could stand up, Yan Bei climbed to his feet and threw out a side elbow at Song Ci’s temple.

But in Song Ci’s eyes, this action seemed slow. He dodged it easily and back-handedly used the hilt of the blade to rap Yan Bei on his head. He said fiercely, “I am your elder cousin brother! Don’t start a fight with me!”

As if hurting from the knock, Yan Bei covered his head and retreated a few steps. Tears instantly brimmed in his beautiful, golden eyes as he sobbed and sniffed.

He glared at Song Ci, then turned around and transformed into golden light before vanishing. Song Ci scoffed, “What a brat. He’s still so unlikable even after turning this young.”