chapter ➪ 11

magnolia

harry gave me his necklace earlier. after he gave it to me i put it on, and i had to admit that it was a very pretty necklace.

the story behind it was pretty sad, how it was his mom's before she passed.

harry talking to me actually helped a lot which was surprising. it helped my breathing calm down which caused everything else to calm its self down.

the crazy thing was, he did almost exactly what my dad would do when i'd have these attacks. he'd tell me a story, get me engaged in it so i'd lose focus on my anxiety attack.

after i walked out of the bathroom harry was really nice to me. he told me that it'd be okay and the thing he wanted least was for me to be scared of him or not feel safe. i almost felt as if he had a crush on me. but i know i'm just getting in my head.

we were all sitting on the couch watching a movie because niall had suggested it. i was sitting by lillie on one side and harry was on the other. he was a good distance away from me though.

the movie was actually kinda scary but i had lillie by me so it wasn't as bad. i seriously don't know how i would survive here without lillie.
——
once the movie is over i realize that i've been in this stupid dress from the party all day. i'm definitely not sleeping in this and i don't have any other clothes with me.

i head up the stairs to me and harry's room not ready to sleep in the same bed as him tonight.

harry follows behind me up the stairs.

"hey harry, um do you have anything i can wear to bed? i really don't wanna wear this dress much longer," i tel him.

"um i don't have any girl clothes, i was planning on taking you shopping sometime this week, but for the time being you can wear something of mine," he says shrugging his shoulders.

"okay, that works."

harry goes into the closet and grabs a pair of his sweatpants and a Pink Floyd shirt.

"here you can wear this," he says handing it to me.

"thanks," i say turning to head to the bathroom to change.

i close the door behind me and slip out of my dress. i look in the mirror and notice the faded scar across my chest that i got when i was younger. i still don't know what it's from since i was so little when it happened, and my parents refused to ever tell me.

i leave the bra and underwear i have on because it's all i have with me.

i slip into the sweatpants which are a little big on me and them put the shirt on which is also a little big. the plus though is it is very comfy.

i walk out of the bathroom and harry looks at me. he subtly bites his lips and then looks away.

i notice that he has changed out of his button up hawaiian type shirt and his black pants. he is no wearing something very similar to me, sweatpants and a band tshirt. i can't help but stare at how good he looks.

i look away and walk towards my side of the bed. i was sleeping on the side away from the door.

i get onto the bed and my whole body relaxes. i'm so exhausted from everything that has been going on today. this almost feels like the beginning of my new life.

i feel harry's side of the bed dip down and my heart starts to race. i look towards the wall and keep my eyes glued to it.

"hey magnolia, i know i've already said this a few times but i don't want you to feel uncomfortable here. i just want you to feel safe because that's all i'm trying to do. i'm not trying to make you feel scared. you being here is safer than you being with your mom. and before you ask me to explain, i really can't because it isn't time for that yet," harry says.

i look over to him, "okay."

"um you know you don't have to face the wall all night right," he says slightly chuckling.

"yea i guess," i say turning to face him. "you know harry, i see you have good intentions i guess... i mean you kidnapped me but you haven't done any harm to me because you know louis drugged me, well both times. but i still don't know what you mean about my family being bad but i guess i'll figure out eventually right. i'm not sure if you know this but i lost my dad a few years back too. it happened at night. he was murdered by someone but we never figured out who. i miss him so much. i don't know why i'm telling you but i guess it just gives us something in common even if it's as brutal as this, okay i'll stop now i'm kind of rambling," i say catching my breath towards the end.

"it's okay i understand. i ramble a lot too... but um yeah i guess we do have something in common even if it's brutal and morbid. i just... i don't know," he says to me.

i scoot a little closer to harry and he scoots a little closer to me.

i shouldn't be doing this. he literally kidnapped me. i'm choosing to trust his word after knowing him for less than 24 hours.

i just...

it's like i just want to trust him and what he says. if he really is trying to keep me safe, i have to trust him first.

i look at harry and he looks at me with his beautiful piercing green eyes.

we scoot closer to each other and both give looks that say the same thing; we shouldn't do it.

i barely know harry but he gives me a feeling that noah never gave me. i can't help it.

he puts his arm around me and i nuzzle my head into his chest.

"goodnight harry."

"goodnight magnolia."
——
hey y'all chapter is a bit shorter but i really liked this one. hope you enjoyed it <3