teenagers

Running through the streets at 2 a.m. hand in hand with your best friend is nothing like I imagined. Moreso, it's better than I would have ever dreamed. It's exhilarating and frightening. It's happy and so very poetic. The stars gaze upon me while I gaze upon them. They are beautiful and bright and energy packed all in one. I call out to them and they call out to me. I never want this feeling to leave--for once I am free.

Perfect. That's what this night is. I don't worry about the fact that I could get caught by mom and dad, or the millions of other things that can go wrong at 2 a.m. All I know is I'm free.

She is beautiful in the moon's gleam. Her beautiful brown hair dances with a slight breeze, and still she is beautiful. She finds my eyes and I know--I love you. I love you and you will never know it. How beautiful is that--the beauty of a secret that can bond two people forever and always? I love you and you will never know it.

The smile she gives me is something that will forever be indescribable. Even now, as I see her figure in the moonlight, she is indescribable. Although we're hand in hand, her touch feels soft but far. Her touch is like heaven--gentle and loving.

What a beautiful night it is to be young and dumb. To think that there was any way for me to go back to the way things were should be considered a crime. How could I recover from a night so tempest yet serene.

One day, when my time has come for me to go, I will become a star and watch over those as they gaze upon me.