🖤Norton x Fem!Reader

Requested by - MirandaWinterbourne

⚠️TW⚠️
•Suicide, Blood•

"I love you y/n!"

You can still remember when he still meant that. It only took three words to destroy your life.

Only three

It had only been three months since you guys had started dating. Yeah it's only three months but those months were the best days in your life. When you were little you received little to no attention from your parents. you were always labeled as the "useless" child. Your parents were always low on money as your dad spent the whole day drinking cheap booze and your mom always danced away, seducing men in night clubs. Out of desperation you joined the game for money in hopes your parents would finally praise you.

Norton was different though. He had treated you with the upmost respect and peppered you in hugs and kisses whenever he could. His attention was always focused on you and nobody else...at least that's what you thought.

Rumors about you and Norton's relationship spread around the manor like wild fire saying that you were super clingy and that Norton got tired of you already.

You noticed that him and Patricia had gotten oddly close to each other after you and Norton started dating.

You were scared. The thought of Norton loving someone else scared you so much you felt like you could possibly die from the feeling.

That's why the question popped up when you guys were hanging out. He seemed surprised at the question, if you squint your eyes almost scared. "Oh Patricia? We've always been this close." His tone was unsure and weary. "Oh....Sorry for asking." You apologized with a slight frown. "It's okay babe" he said faking a smile, giving your right cheek a small peck.

Maybe you were just overthinking you thought but After that conversation he changed completely

Sometimes he wouldn't return your hugs, kisses, and even when you wanted to hold his hand he would swat it away. But when he does show affection they seem lazy and all his "I love you" seem...bland. He doesn't wear that same warm expression when he's with you and when you look into his eyes he almost seems dead. So dull and dark they look like voids just starring back at you.

But poor you. You were so naive

You didn't catch on as quickly

You wanted to talk to him about it for awhile now but you didn't want to be seen as the "overprotective" or "crazy" girlfriend. "Am I overthinking it? Maybe he's just tired." You mumbled. You were curled up in your bet sheets questioning yourself until a faint memory popped up.

"Always trust your gut Y/n. No matter what just do what your gut tells you to do"

The only inspirational words your mother had told you. It sounded very cliche but at this point you didn't have many options to chose from. You slid off your bed and  walked out of your room. You quietly walked down the hallway to Nortons room.

It was early afternoon. Usually hunters would be having their tea out in the garden and the survivors would be preparing lunch. The sky was mixed with gold and blue, scattered with puffy clouds. The small creaks the wooden floor would make was nostalgic. The lined up windows with dust on the sills poured out light, radiating the wooden floor.

You had hope the walk to Norton's room was longer, you were nervous. Just a couple of feet you could see that his door was slightly open, small female giggles coming from inside.