Storyverse and the Long Weekend From Hell

Storyverse

And the Long Weekend From Hell

If stories teach us anything, there is no such thing as a perfect world. No one understands that better than Secret. In modern or even ancient times no one really knew who secret was. Let's start our story in 2807BC. The modern Storyverse began 300 years into the bronze age in 3000BC. A young Interpreter whose name has been lost to history was sitting in her home. At this time Storyverse school had only just begun. Secret was literally the first generation of first year Storyverse students ever. This was even before the first major Storyverse school (Alexion) existed. This young girl was sitting in her room on her first day home from her first year of Storyverse school. She was proud, but it wouldn't last long. A man banged on her door. Secret knew, all of a sudden, the Witch Hunter Corporal of her little village had come to see her. A voice bellowed from downstairs. It yelled "open up scum. A heroic snitch just told us your witchy daughter came back from witch school". Please keep in mind that this is heavily translated, and they weren't actually speaking in English. The young woman ran downstairs her heart pounding. Her mother Mary yelled "young lady, into the closet. Please, there's no time". She did as she was told. The big man and the entire village burst down the door. He yelled "I am under direct orders from the King himself to take your daughter into custody. She will be given a fair trial like all witches". Mary screamed "I know of your fair trial. Dunk a girl in a lake and if she doesn't drown she ain't a witch. You're dead either way so what's the point?". The man laughed "what's the point? Its simple science actually. If someone isn't a witch there is no possible way for them to get out of a well tied rope under water". Her brother, Jack, queried "what if the rope is old or isn't tied properly? What if the person you're drowning is just really good at untying knots?". The witch finder said, "out of my way, She's in the closet". Mary stepped in front of the closet with a bronze sword in hand. She yelled "I won't let you!" and then she said a word that I won't translate. The witch finder said "son, use the bow". Jack stammered "its ok mum. We're more help to her out here". It was too late, the son of Witch Hunter McGuffen had already loosed his arrow. Mary fell to the floor. The closet burst open with pure savage rage. Orange light made a female form that looked as if it were pure energy. The form blasted McGuffin Jr out of the door, while Witch hunters and villagers alike surrounded her. She fought valiantly tapping into pure, untamed grief. It took 56 men and women to subdue her. She was locked in the local jail, with water running underneath her cell; she cried to herself in the cell that night. Grief is a powerful motivator. Purer that anger, more terrifying than fear, darker than revenge and stronger than despair. It's the same emotion that would later drive Abagail Shakespeare to become the Forbidden Lord. The guard yelled "it's your own damn fault for being a witch". The young girl bellowed "Interpreter!". The guard yelled "ohhh, an Interpreter. What do you interpret? Losing?". She cried out muffled by her tears "you have no idea what I've lost. You were born into nobility. Married a woman you didn't deserve, became a murderer. You even killed your father to inherit his fortune". The man asked "how the hell did you even know that? Wait a minute this is one of your witchy powers?". She murmured "that isn't one of my powers. This is something new. You can only obtain a primordial power by losing something dear to yourself". The guard laughed "you've got a new power, yay for you, unless it gives you a magic key that can unlock anything, you're doomed". The young lady replied "that primordial power is called the key to the universe. Mine is called the Book of Secrets. It gives me access to every ounce of information in the Ever Library itself. I can call upon any written text that ever could exist. What would be a good name for me? The Know? The Archive? The Librarian? The Keeper of Secrets? Wait, that's it... Secret. My name will be Secret". The guard replied "great, never gunna get out though. Not before morning anyway". Secret replied, "do you know that Claudia's little brother Seamus comes by this prison's window every night at 2:00AM". He replied, "fat lot of good that's will do Ya". Secret replied "oh did you forget that I know you killed your father? And what is this, a detailed story of his death and a map showing exactly where you hid his body? It is currently 2:03AM. Tonight little Seamus is coming at 2:05". The guard yelled "give those here now or I'm coming in". Secret whispered "please don't come in. That would be rather unpleasant". The guard unlocked the gate with his key, at which point Secret ran at the unlocked gate with all her might slamming the guard into the wall. She tossed him into the cell before he could regain his full strength. She dropped a note onto the floor and said, "you can try calling for help, but they'll just think you're me". She walked out of there with a smug look on her face. Secret went for a stroll and broke into Witch Finder McGuffen's house. She took his daughters cloak and left a photo on her bed of Mcguffen with the King's daughter. After dressing in the black cloak she stood waiting for McGuffin's daughter, Sara, to walk in. Sara stammered "who, who, who are you? What do you want?". Secret explained "I want what you want. Your fathers down fall. Show the King these photos". Secret jumped out the window. She wandered into the forest and found an ancient cliff where she then summoned a book from the Ever Library, and cried "resal thgil". A beam of light erupted from the book and carved into the mountain the words "I know the future, I know he past. I know the first, I know the last. I know every beginning, I know every end. I know what lies around every bend".